SLEDGE

MuzikB

• Members

Probably means I have to wait to download the manual. It really wouldn't be an effects feature. Phatter could just mean better bass frequencies and doesn't fix the problem from the oscillators sounding like stiff DCOs.

Agreed regarding effects, just mentioned them as the demo guy said otherwise it was pretty much left as Waldorf designed (design for then I assume)..

On your actual point do you know if Waldorf has that feature on their own synths?

• Members

Spring-action panel: you push it in to lock it into its flat position when you're finished. You push it in again and it comes up:)

blue.jpg

Wow, just as I Imagined MuzikB wanted...

I still like the hot Yellow... no neon Blue for me LOL

• Members

I haven't found my sweet spot on the wavetable synthesis. I played around with it on my Virus TI. Probably doing it wrong?

Are wavetables best for evolving pads or any ideas?
:)

They're good for a lot of things. It's just a matter of the harmonic content your after. And what's wrong with an evolving bass, lead, or horn type sound?

• Members

If your wondering why I would go with the color scheme of Ocean Blue case with Gold Yellow panel lettering, it's because I would want the synth to have a "Treasure in a Sound Sea" look. Also given the electronic nature, I'd go for the TRON color definition. Blue for independence and Yellow for it being outside the system. I think Studiologic qualifies as that kind of company.

• Members

Agreed regarding effects, just mentioned them as the demo guy said otherwise it was pretty much left as Waldorf designed (design for then I assume)..

On your actual point do you know if Waldorf has that feature on their own synths?

Not sure. I've only played on one of their rack synths a few years back (which was also yellow, haha), but it belonged to a bandmate of mine and he didn't even have the manual. I never really got around programming stuff from scratch on it.

I downloaded the Blofeld manual, which I'm assuming this synth engine is based on, but the Blofeld doesn't have an osc drift feature. The Radias/R3 does, but ironically it drifts both oscillators tuning together as if they were one. You gotta stack two or more timbres to hear its full effect, but boy does it sound like heaven when you press a single note...

• Members

MuzikB,

I see you have one of these.

Just make it look like this and you'll not only have the most beautiful synth ever made, but the only one in the world in that color:)

blackm3.png

Maybe in a few more years I'll send it to FORAT. :thu:

• Members

How about Wave and Q?
:D

i choose my words carefully. the chunky knobs and potentiometers whip the crap out of the finicky and unreliable 1990s Waldorf endless rotaries.

remember i'm the guy who sold the XTK because i know Waldorf gear is going to completely screw me, so if i was going to get screwed i'd want it to be from a keyboard i can go out and buy another new one for a grand instead of one of those collectors' items that don't really sound as good as a Blofeld anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Thought to revive this because Studiologic's website has added all specs now and with the 8 poly voicing, if you look carefulling at the specs, it is a MUCH watered-down Waldorf-someing, something--but NOT a Blofeld relative by NO regards! I LOVE all the knobs, etc., but whilst I finally bought a Blofeld Black edition Keyboard and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, I think what would be really cool is a knoby interface such as this that has a place to rest the Blofeld table mod, hook-up midi, and have complete knob-access to ALL parameters without the mnu-diving even on Blofeld Kbd that exists. Do not get me wrong, having many Waldorf synths, I am quite used to that user interface as it is just like the Pulse and Micro Q and more recently, the DSI Evolver tabletop is basically same type of interface--very intuitive. Just would be nice to be able to tweak alot morestuff simultaneously. The Sledge's filter section and effects and modulation possibilities really pale to the Blofeld keyboard and actually, the Waldorf Soundcards that were made t place within CME Controller boards were full Micro Q and those specs even make the Sledge's pale in comparison. But then again, would Waldorf want to create ANYTHING in partnership with another company that would compete with the Blofeld Keyboard? I think not! If you get to programming deeply with the Blofeld, I think people would be quite amazed at the limitless possibilities the Blofeld offers...there's only but a *few* youtube demos of it that give it ANY justice!

So instead of the Sledge, my next purchase will be whenever Waldorf releases the Pulse 2...it will rest quite nicely at upper right side of my Blofeld Black Kybd., which the Blofeld rests on the 75% unused space of my Avvess Virus KB with a super-strong OnStage two tier stand!! The Sledge might be a good beginners board to learn hands-on synthesis but seems a bit pricey for what it really is--a watered-down synth that is primarily yet ANOTHER controller--as if there's a need for yet another midi controller!

I would rather see a Waldorf Q2+ released:-)

• Members

See my post in other "Sledge" topic revived this morning. I just wanted to comment on fact it only has capacity for 250 presets/your own sounds, according to all the specs recently posted now on Studiologic's webpage...and a VERY watered-down Waldorf engine...more like what the LITE version of Waldorf Micro Q was and even less than that. Recenty added a Blacl Edition Blofeld keyboard and have had to MAKE myself get some sleep because it is truly a great programmers board...not to mention loading up to 60 mb samples via Spectre. Out of the 1000 presets on Blofeld, there's quite alot of very good programming on there (Blofeld), and reason I just recently bought it is I did not want to purchase until O.S. was stable and O.S. 1.15 is great with absolutely no gripes or issues here...the multi-mode is mind-boggling and really is like a hybrid arp/sequencer once you wrap your head around it. Sledge no--but whenever Waldorf releases the Pulse 2--that will sit on upper right side of Blofeld keyboard, and the Blofeld keyboard lives on the 75% unused space of my Access Virus KB on an OnStage heavy duty two-tier stand. perfect marriage to Microwave XT, two micro Q Omega's, Wavestation SR, supernova, Radias, Ion,DSI Evolver, and QS8 for gr8 piano rom and 88 weighted keys with extensive midi mapping zones. I do ambient/soundscapish-industrial stuff so the Pulse 2's all analog DCO's will fit the bill along with a few other midi controllers, one maily to utilize the Vector Synthesis of Wavestation SR. Would love to see rather a knobby control surface LIKE the Sledge that the Blofeld desktop could rest on and midi-up and have full control of MANY parameters at SAME time...may be the controller aspect of the Sledge will indeed allow this but certainly not with the Sledge's lackluster filter, modulation routing, and very limnited fx section...hopefully Seldge has full sysex and midi control of anything external hardware rather than being made for vst's, of which, I just rather have hardware.

Archived