I get to play a Krank Revolution TODAY!

WillShrdForFood

• Members

It'll be my first time playing and possibly recording a Krank. My buddy who I may be starting a band with has a Rev1. He told me it has a "line out", so I was thinking about running the line out into my PODxt and use the POD's cab sims, then record out to USB. I'm pretty excited to see how it will sound. He played it over the phone for me and it didnt sound half bad at all.

I know a few guys on here have some Revolutions...Think you could share some settings?

• Members

I still don't get whats so wrong with the Rev 1. I'll admit they're expensive new.. but they aren't that much used. Every band I've seen use them live sounded great (AILD, God Forbid, TTEOTD and The Acacia strain - but he used a krankenstein).

• Members

I still don't get whats so wrong with the Rev 1. I'll admit they're expensive new.. but they aren't that much used. Every band I've seen use them live sounded great (AILD, God Forbid, TTEOTD and The Acacia strain - but he used a krankenstein).

Everyone doesn't like them do to what they were trying to pull here. I think they sound great also.

• Members

i know i tried running the preamp out on my 5150 into my Pod for cab sims and it sounded god awful...dunno why. i run my rockmaster and PSA-1 into the Pod all the time and that works just fine. wonder how the Krank will do like that.

• Members

I absolutely hated the Krankenstein when I tried it. It seemed like I was supposed to like the Revolution but it just never sounded quite right to me. Played one for about an hour and ended up with an Engl Fireball. I don't know what all the bull that went on in the forums is about but when I saw nevermore, Loomis' tone was killer.

• Members

getting the Sweep Dial and Mid Dial right seem key to me. moving the Sweep up moves the Mid Dial up into the low highs.

Correct. The Sweep is key. A good place to start is setting the Presence and sweep to 5 or halfway, then dialing in a tone you like with the low , mid and highs. Try that for awhile then using the presence to put your tone where you want it. LAst but not least adjusting the Sweep. This way you will see how the sweep effects the overall tone of the Gain or Krank channel. Once you play with it for awhile, you'll find your own settings. The Rev 1 isn't a head you sit in front of, dial in a setting and go. You gotta play with it for awhile.

One of my settings are

Presence 6

Sweep 3.5

low 6

mids 4.5

highs 5.5

gain 5

Clean channel

Low 5

mids 6

highs 5

the Presence control does effect the clean channel. I wish it didn't or it had it's own. The sweep control has no effect on the cleans. I usually set the sweep around 5 or 6 and tweak it from there depending on what I'm playing.

Good luck with it.

Dan

• Members

i know i tried running the preamp out on my 5150 into my Pod for cab sims and it sounded god awful...dunno why. i run my rockmaster and PSA-1 into the Pod all the time and that works just fine. wonder how the Krank will do like that.

Yeah, trying to record it like that sounded like ass. But overall, the Krank wasnt too bad. It had a high end harshness that I didnt have time to try and dial out, but it wasnt a bad amp...I definatly wouldnt pay the price for it. If it was around 750-1000 pricerange, they would be in business.

• Members

The Rev 1 is a really expensive 5150 with better cleans. Sorry, Kleens. It's not bad, but not worth $1700 or whatever it costs.

The Krankenstein sounds like amplified ass dribble, however.

They sound nothing alike. Absolutely nothing. The rev is dry, and the 5150 is saturated.

• Members

The Rev 1 is a really expensive 5150 with better cleans. Sorry, Kleens. It's not bad, but not worth $1700 or whatever it costs.

The Krankenstein sounds like amplified ass dribble, however.

wrong, the krankenstein sounds like a 6505 voiced with higher mids.

That's why we got the two amps, they mix together ppppperfectly

Archived