so i'm really digging the governors

Sordid1

• Members

I got a pair of these for my 2x12 Gflex cab a couple weeks and after a couple rehearsals and a gig I can say for sure I really dig these speakers. They are similar to v30's but to me smoother in the mids and a little sweeter in the top end which i dig. They have a little less low end than the V30's as well but not by much. Overall great sounding speakers and they match up with my 4x12 Gflex very well. By far the happiest I have been with a rig ever.

• Members

i'd have to agree with that...i love the sound of the speakers themselves, but i use v30's for recording

yeah, i don't want to seem like a hater or anything... i also really like how they sound in the room. i don't really dig V30s in the room, but you can just put a mic anywhere in the general vicinity of one and get a decent sound. governors seem to be the opposite - good in the room but mic nightmare.

• Members

yeah, i don't want to seem like a hater or anything... i also really like how they sound in the room. i don't really dig V30s in the room, but you can just put a mic anywhere in the general vicinity of one and get a decent sound. governors seem to be the opposite - good in the room but mic nightmare.

Well I have my other cab to record with and this is largely to fill out my stage sound so i'm not super worried about that part of things.

Archived