children of bodom vs in flames - who is better?

Renoir1

• Members

OK i'll have to download it and give it a listen.

It's the name of one of In Flames' albums. There's also a song on the album called "Clayman" on the record so don't get confused and think I'm only talking about that song. :D

It's one of the few albums I can pop in, press play, and listen to the whole thing without wanting to press the "next track" button at all.

• Members

I really dig In Flames, especially since I've seen them live:thu: . songs worth a listen in my opinion for the untrained ear.

Album / song

Clayman / Only for the weak, clayman

Soundtrack tou your escape / my sweet shadow, friend, quiet place

come clarity / take this life, leeches, scream

the earlier stuff is really good too, but I find it's easier to listen to the newer stuff to appreciate the older one.

• Members

No offence but they both suck their own screamo balls. But the guy from cob has a nice Jackson
:D

Don't agree at all!!! Maybe you meant they both HAVE BIG BALLS...???

Anyway, the guitaring on In Flames' JESTER RACE and CLAYMAN is bloody awsome!!! They were one of the first metal bands I really liked (after black sabbath, dio and Iron Maiden ofcourse)

C.O.B is also pretty cool, awsome classical style soloing etc.

BUT IN FLAMES HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

No offence but they both suck their own screamo balls. But the guy from cob has a nice Jackson
:D

1. As much as I hate genre labeling, neither are screamo.

2. He plays an ESP, not a Jackson

BTW, adding "no offense" cracks me up.

You might as well say "you're a {censored}ing douchebag.......no offense"

• Members

Whoracle is one of my favorite albums, period. The other IF albums have good songs as well, although Soundtrack had way too many annoying electronic elements for my tastes. I tried to like CoB, but I thought that their first couple of albums sounded patched together and had too many keyboards. The newer stuff just hasn't inspired a second listen.

Darkane and Dimension Zero are where it's at.

• Members

Whoracle is one of my favorite albums, period. The other IF albums have good songs as well, although Soundtrack had way too many annoying electronic elements for my tastes. I tried to like CoB, but I thought that their first couple of albums sounded patched together and had too many keyboards. The newer stuff just hasn't inspired a second listen.

I agree with the Soundtrack comment. That's pretty much the last In Flames album a person should buy, and then only if you're a really big fan of the band and just want to "round out your collection" of their total works.

• Members

In Flames. There isn't a single Children Of Bodom album that does it for me, and their writing is pretty meh. Good players, but they're Children Of Boredom as far as I'm concerned.

In Flames used to be awesome. I like Jester Race through Reroute; Whoracle, Colony and Clayman are great. Much better writing. They don't have COB's chops, but that's irrelevant. Metal is full of chops-laden wankers who can't write a memorable riff.

• Members

Soundtrack had way too many annoying electronic elements for my tastes.

I love synths, I own several... but there's that damn percussion sample on Soundtrack that's on like every friggin' song. :mad: I've tried to like that album. I've given it a proper listen a number of times. It's heavy, I'll give it that, but it's all chug riffs and the writing is, IMHO, very substandard given their previous work.

I should check out Darkane and Dimension Zero. I've only heard a couple songs by each. Any recommendations?

• Members

To be honest Alexi seems kind of sloppy for the level he is playing at. plus most of his leads are pretty uninspired. The other guy in the band, rupere or something, seems to be better. They do have some {censored}ing catchy songs though. Stuff like bodom beach terror, lake bodom, silent night bodom night and bed of razors just stick in your head.

As far a melo deth goes in flames are part of the big three. But they can't touch Dark Tranquillity for a damn IMO. Those guys have got it down. Agression, melody, lyrics... just a {censored}ing awesome band

• Members

Inflames: Better tone, better Discography, are going to end up like Metallica.

Bodom: Cheesy Lyrics, Their good songs are good the {censored}ty ones really really suck. I find they dont grow on me like some INflames stuff does

They are both very different as well.

I would compare Bodom to Norther not to inflames

• Members

I think both bands are very good, but I'll have to say In Flames are just a bit better.

Alexi and the rest of COB do have some good chops, but it's clear that Alexi's aren't what they used to be. Apparently he virtually never practises anymore. However, I think the standard of the songwriting in COB has risen. The riffs nowadays might make some fans say 'omg metalcore' but I think their new stuff is better constructed than their old material, which was sometimes wanky and all over the place.

In Flames have definately undergone a huge change throughout their career. I don't think the quality of their music has changed at all, but some people just hate their new style. Oh well, their loss.

Dark Tranquility are amazing, but I'll have to put in a mention for Soilwork. Their lead playing is always incredibly tasteful, melodic and has just the right amount of chops. They've got a great singer too, and they're constantly changing just like IF.

Archived