White Stripes

The Keester

• Members

i couldn't care less about that band. they're a gimmick. movie of the week. and jack white is nowhere near as good a guitar player as he thinks he is.

i know somebody is gonna bring up sales. record sales are not an indication if talent...milli vanilli anyone?

• Members

i couldn't care less about that band. they're a gimmick. movie of the week. and jack white is nowhere near as good a guitar player as he thinks he is.

i know somebody is gonna bring up sales. record sales are not an indication if talent...milli vanilli anyone?

Have you heard his production of Loretta Lynns Van Lear Rose?

This guy has more talent than you realize. Please check his body of work out before you make a judgement.

Very talented guy.

• Members

i'm speaking directly of his guitar playing, sorry to mislead.

and i dont' listen to loretta lynn, so no, i haven't heard his "production skills".

i've heard enough on radio and mtv to know exactly what i think of jack white's guitar playing.

• Members

Keep those blinders on!!! They will serve you well.

so how is it that having heard a smattering of what a person does musically, and determining from what one has heard of said musical creations of said person, that one finds said compositions disagreeable and decides from what one has heard that said "artist" is disagreeable, the same as "wearing blinders"? i've heard the white stripes. i don't like em. jack white has stated that he is a guitar god (in so many words). he's not. i find that his playing lacks both inspiration and merit, and i could tell this from the three or four songs i heard. i'm not impressed. maybe i'm not the one with the blinders on...

• Members

so how is it that having heard a smattering of what a person does musically, and determining from what one has heard of said musical creations of said person, that one finds said compositions disagreeable and decides from what one has heard that said "artist" is disagreeable, the same as "wearing blinders"? i've heard the white stripes. i don't like em. jack white has stated that he is a guitar god (in so many words). he's not. i find that his playing lacks both inspiration and merit, and i could tell this from the three or four songs i heard. i'm not impressed. maybe i'm not the one with the blinders on...

It's a bit hard to understand what you are saying. Is English a second language for you?

It's OK not to like Jack White. I just find some of the stuff he has done to be brilliant.

I am not alone here. I think he won a Grammy, for whatever that is worth.

Listen to some of his stuff. He is quite good.

• Members

The only White Stripes song that I really liked a lot was "Fell in Love With a Girl" which i think was their first song that broke it big for them. The other songs/singles haven't really grabbed me as much. That being said, what are some good songs displaying Jack's guitar approach and prowess?

• Members

Lack of bass seems to be working, I cite both the White Stripes and Black Keys for making great music without the help of a bass player, and with arguably heavier sound than most band with bass.

And yeah, Jack White's true skill unfortunately isn't well-showcased on their singles and big hits. He's got a great technique and is truely an under-rated guitarist.

Archived