can the bad cat hot cat do modern high gain?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

it was just the sarcasm/arrogance that bugged me..

Actually there was nothing sarcastic/arrogant about it, that was his opinion based on profession and experience.

In my experience confident, experienced ,professionals who want to help are just plain spoken about the truth.

don't look for trouble, instead raise your self esteem.

:)

• Members

I know the hot cat has really nice cleans and a really nice unique overdrive.. just wondering how modern can it get? I've heard some people say it can get very modern, and others say not so much.... so I don't really know, and therefore asking you
:wave:

can the hot cat do modern metal?
:confused:

It can do metal about as well as a Rockerverb 50 with more clarity and a brighter sound.:o It's like a really high gain AD30 -- but metal??? If you want to spend $3000 and buy and $40 pedal to boost it sure!:idea:

On the whole it sounds pretty much identical to this clip gain wise:

And yes I have played many with a Les Paul and with a Strat...another point to make is that it sounds like utter and complete shit at bedroom volumes too. So unless you are going to be able to crank the bejesus out of it don't bother.:idea:

I would not even attempt to buy one unless you can try it out somewhere first as it's kind of an acquired taste...from a lot of the opinions I've read you either love it or hate it. I personlly think a boosted JCM 800 or a JVM would do much better for metal and save you a lot of money though.;)

• Members

"It's like a really high gain AD30 -- but metal??? "

I guess it all just depends on your ideas of what Metal is. I'm sure I could use one for my band. I loved the sound. I thought it had one of the most forceful tones I've ever heard. But, like you said, I wasn't ready to drop 3 grand on a combo. But I didn't have $3,000, also the more I think about it, it might be worth it...

• Members

"It's like a really high gain AD30 -- but metal??? "

I guess it all just depends on your ideas of what Metal is. I'm sure I could use one for my band. I loved the sound. I thought it had one of the most forceful tones I've ever heard. But, like you said, I wasn't ready to drop 3 grand on a combo. But I didn't have $3,000, also the more I think about it, it might be worth it...

Indeed -- some people on here think metal is this:

which a Hot Cat should never be bought to do:freak:

Other people are from the school of thought that Gwar is teh pwn3zerz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFIFwq5mCI

:eek::idea:

And still others think it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szDaADyP5Mo

The Bad Cat can cop JVM type sounds, albeit while sounding a bit more boutiquee (you have to play it to understand what that means) and from my experience with it the clean channel crunches unbelievably well:love:

Archived