whats happened to DerekB & Buttfungus?

Son Wolf

• Members

Since DerekB primarily came here to conjure up sales or defend his product line, I'd have to say this place wasn't proving beneficial since ENGLs and most of his product line are not the hot amp forum amps at the moment. He probably moved on to greener pastures.

I'm not sure about the other chap. Perhaps he found a better way to spend his time.

• Members

Sine DerekB primarily came here to conjure up sales or defend his product line, I'd have to say this place wasn't proving beneficial since ENGLs and most of his product line are not the hot amp forum amps at the moment. He probably moved on to greener pastures.

:D

• Members

Sine DerekB primarily came here to conjure up sales or defend his product line, I'd have to say this place wasn't proving beneficial since ENGLs and most of his product line are not the hot amp forum amps at the moment. He probably moved on to greener pastures.

Nah....Dereks a cool guy, I never saw him pimping anything here. He's an asset to the forum and his prices are great, whats the problem? :confused:

• Members

Nah....Dereks a cool guy, I never saw him pimping anything here. He's an asset to the forum and his prices are great, whats the problem?
:confused:

I didn't mean to imply anything negative, its just that he pretty much only participated in topics concerning the amps he sold, whether he was providing tech specs, customer service, etc. Those amps don't get nearly the coverage here they once did.

• Members

I didn't mean to imply anything negative, its just that he pretty much only participated in topics concerning the amps he sold, whether he was providing tech specs, customer service, etc. Those amps don't get nearly the coverage here they once did.

Just good customer service, IMO. I dont think Derek is a tech and probably couldnt contribute as much as a "builder" in areas of "general amp tech talk", so he could only offer help on the product lines he carries.

Aside from the fiasco with Synergy, I never saw anything negative involving Derek in 5 years.

As far as amps, it comes and goes in cycles around here, Engl will come out with a new model in the next year and it will be all the rage here again. Right now is about the JVM and the VHT Sig_X...;)

• Members

Since DerekB primarily came here to conjure up sales or defend his product line, I'd have to say this place wasn't proving beneficial since ENGLs and most of his product line are not the hot amp forum amps at the moment. He probably moved on to greener pastures.

I'm not sure about the other chap. Perhaps he found a better way to spend his time.

True to a certain extent but Ive been a member here way before I became a dealer and I'm just as much a gear head as anyone here and enjoy talking about it a whole hell of alot too whether or not if I sell it .

Also FWIW I still get tons of business from people on this forum I've just become burned out a bit and have cut back the amount of time I have been spending on the internet in general and this is still my main forum of choice and probably always will be.

Derek

• Members

Wrong.

Derek

• Members

Just good customer service, IMO. I dont think Derek is a tech and probably couldnt contribute as much as a "builder" in areas of "general amp tech talk", so he could only offer help on the product lines he carries.

Aside from the fiasco with Synergy, I never saw anything negative involving Derek in 5 years.

As far as amps, it comes and goes in cycles around here, Engl will come out with a new model in the next year and it will be all the rage here again. Right now is about the JVM and the VHT Sig_X...
;)

Thanks alot Ronnie and youre right Im not a tech by any means but I will try and answer basic questions to the best of my knowledge or get the answer's from soemone that know's if possible if it's a product I carry and sometimes even if its not.

Derek:cool:

• Members

I never saw Derek as using this forum only or even primarily to bolster his sales. He & I went round & round in several OT threads -- we don't exactly agree on a lot of issues, lol -- but I never once thought of him as anything other than a good guy & a good forumite. :thu:

• Members

Also FWIW I still get tons of business from people on this forum I've just become burned out a bit and have cut back the amount of time I have been spending on the internet in general and this is still my main forum of choice and probably always will be.

Derek

Smokin' News Bro!!!! :thu:

Archived