Am I the only one incredibly impressed with the JVM??

guitarist17

• Members

Why all the hate??? I thought it completely kicked ass, and marshall got it right...Guess I'm in the minority?

3 different modes on each channel, all voiced differently, every marshall sound ever made plus incredibly tight focused brutal gain with an elegant awesome glass like clean channel, all footswitchable with reverb....whats not to like?

:confused:

• Members

I really like it. Changed the preamp tubes. Got a NOS RCA and Sylvania in v1 and v2. The rest are current production EH for now. Also had to set the bias. Now this amp sounds like a Marshall should. Im really digging it. But itll probably get old after a couple years and ill want something different. But for now its inspiring not to mention all the different tones you can dial out of this thing.

• Members

I haven't really seen much hate about the jvm, everbody seems really impressed and if you don't agree with some of them then your tone def.

I personally didn't like it, I owned 2 of them and I can see how most like it but I wasn't in love. I bought the 1st on and sold it quick so I thought I should give it another chance based on all the hype, I biased it hotter and changed the pre tubes but I still wasn't liking it that much. That my personal feelings, but I've heard some excellent clips.

• Members

everbody seems really impressed and if you don't agree with some of them then your tone def.

I wouldn't agree - I'd say the feedback has been 50/50 and mostly negative from people just playing the amp in stores. More people seem to be impressed when they spend more time with the amplifier, it can be counter intuitive to dial in for some people as they have their "go to" ways to set up an amp and the JVM doesn't react that well to some of that. It has buckets of gain in teh OD channel orange and red modes, silly amounts really.

Anyways, I only have a post back at someone if they're claiming something I consider to be false or misinformed. I'm not bothered if someone doesn't like the amp, who cares? I'd rather everyone wasn't playing the same thing...

I know a lot of people consider this the metal amp from Marshall but the people that seem more impressed so far are those looking for more Classic Superlead/Plexi/800 sounds footswitchable, for different styles of music like Blues/Classic rock or alternative/indie.

• Members

I think it rocks too! I took a few days to spend time dialing in each channel before I made a final determination but I liked it at the store when I tried it initially as well. There are a lot of different sounds in there. Not to mention the tonal possibilities that comes along with different cabs.

• Members

i havent played the jvm personally but this video from the marshall dvd

featuring the jvm, i really liked the tone, anyone seen the clip from the new marshall vintage? i really liked that as well.... but i agree, disliking the jvm seems to be a new trend, as well as disliking the krank, personally i think kranks are very brutal, i wouldnt mind having one, its just not my tone at the moment, i really enjoyed every krank that i played on though, again thats me :thu:

• Members

HEy Chris...what up? Haven't seen you around much.

I'm currently looking at the TSL (probably 2x12 combo) right now....maybe a head.

How would this compare? Aside from being a few bills more.

Hey dude whats goin on? I've just had alot going on right now...i dont play with carnevil anymore, the orlando FD is putting me through paramedic school, and thats whats taking up a {censored}load of my time sadly...what about you dude???

anyways, the TSL vs the jvm? I'd honestly go for the JVM in a heartbeat, thats just my opinion. more options, better clean, more usuable reverb, more crushing/ thick tight gain....for me it was a feel thing, i think the JVM is alot more focused and has more clarity than the TSL YMMV

chris

• Members

I liked the JVM at low volume, but I went through several of them and returned them because of extreme noise/grounding issues...making them unusable at volume...these were not tube related issues either. I think there may be some good and bad amps floating about, which would explain some people complaining of excessive noise and hum, and others saying the amp is dead quiet...but once that issue gets resolved, I wouldn't mind getting another.

• Members

It has been mentioned on HC before but I think most people feel there are some great sounding JVMs and some horrible sounding JVMs so there must be a problem somewhere on the assembly line that they need to work out.

I definitely haven't heard any "middle ground" on these. Either people have a great problem-free amp or they have noise issues, not enough gain, etc.

Archived