Bogner uber scam on ebay?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bogner-Uberschall-LOW-Reserve_W0QQitemZ130111844792QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anybody else think this is a scam? he has no feedback as a seller, has the bidders names private so you can't see who else is bidding or warn them, and doesn't even list the real location of where he's at... just says "AWESOME!, United States"

looks like a scam to me... :(

• Members

I thought all bidders names were private now on Ebay, to avoid all the second chance scams

no, that was only for a few days... ebay switched it back soon after doing that. go check other ebay auctions. they all show the bidders' names. the only way it's like that now is if the seller makes it like that

• Members
Bidders names are private and everyone has to have a first sale. Maybe message him and ask for a phone number so you can call and ask questions.

I know everyone needs a first sale, but he has like 31 buys and not one sale.... and bidders names aren't private on all auctions. it was only like that for a few days when ebay first changed to that, but changed back soon after.

you're in lilu dallas? never knew that. someone on the FX forum got me listening to them. I dig :)

• Members

it is an option, it doesn't look like a scam

yeah, but what reason would any seller have to use that option? it's no paypal too... so if it was a scam, you'd basically have no hope of getting your money back..... the private user ID's, lack of any previous sales, no paypal, and no listed location all make it seem like a scam to me.... only thing is he actually took his time and wrote out a good description of the amp... doesn't mean he actually has it though. I dunno....

• Members
anyone else have opinions on this?

by the way, I emailed the guy when the auction first appeared before it had any bids, and I haven't gotten any answer back... so that's another thing making me hesitant

Not answering emails would be enough for me not to bid. Plus his account has been dormant for 3 years now suddenly he's selling a Bogner and a Fuchs and won't respond to questions. :freak:

• Members

Probably not, my first sale on ebay was an old 70s era Zeiss 150mm Large Format Camera lens in a Copal shutter that had shutter speeds from T to 1/500sec with a flash sync that I found at Goodwill of all places and paid $3.50 for. Yes that decimal point is in the correct place. I made over $6500 when it went off on a 10 day auction...I wanted it to have time to simmer so the bids would rack up.To be honest I wanted soooo bad to keep it and just buy a Large Format 4x5inch setup to go around it. That lens with Fuji Velvia 50 ISO would have been capable of shooting posters! Hell its image circle would have covered all the movements on a 5x7 inch neg focused at 3 feet. IOW the lens cost around $15,000 new if not more and probably was found in a box full of stuff someone inherited. When I sold it I had a little over 40 feedback. If I could find stuff like that everyday I would be living on easy street! From time to time I will make a lucky find and pay pennies for something that I sell for hundreds. So far though, that lens is the biggest sale yet. It came at the perfect time too, I had just had emergency back surgery to clean up an explosion in my lower back I had just started college because I blew it over years of working so Workers Comp wasn't an option. We lived on that money until my first Financial Aid came through.

I have taken chances too and not regretted it. Its always {censored}ers with over 100 that have {censored}ed me, andthat was sending something that was not as advertised. One time I bought a PIII processor in the days before P4 and while I was waiting for it to arrive I received an email from a fellow who got my name off the auction ( He had been Watching this guy) and told me how he and lots others had bought stuff that never arrived and were unable to contact. He asked me if I was interested in joining a lawsuit with him and a bunch of other people who had reported him to the Feds as the transactions went across State lines. A month later my MO came back in the mail stamped "unable to find address" the dumb{censored} gave me an address that wasn't real. Later that year I got a Letter from the Attorney General's office saying they caught him and asking if I had incurred any losses. That screwball had 163 feedback, go figure. Now if you pay using PayPal and the item never arrives you have 45 days to report it. PayPal opens a claim and if no resolution is made you get a full refund in two weeks. So if it is selling for a good price, pay using PayPal, your covered! If PayPal didn't have that guarantee

• Members

Probably not, my first sale on ebay was an old 70s era Zeiss 150mm Large Format Camera lens in a Copal shutter that had shutter speeds from T to 1/500sec with a flash sync that I found at Goodwill of all places and paid $3.50 for. Yes that decimal point is in the correct place. I made over $6500 when it went off on a 10 day auction...I wanted it to have time to simmer so the bids would rack up.To be honest I wanted soooo bad to keep it and just buy a Large Format 4x5inch setup to go around it. That lens with Fuji Velvia 50 ISO would have been capable of shooting posters! Hell its image circle would have covered all the movements on a 5x7 inch neg focused at 3 feet. IOW the lens cost around $15,000 new if not more and probably was found in a box full of stuff someone inherited. When I sold it I had a little over 40 feedback. If I could find stuff like that everyday I would be living on easy street! From time to time I will make a lucky find and pay pennies for something that I sell for hundreds. So far though, that lens is the biggest sale yet. It came at the perfect time too, I had just had emergency back surgery to clean up an explosion in my lower back I had just started college because I blew it over years of working so Workers Comp wasn't an option. We lived on that money until my first Financial Aid came through.

I have taken chances too and not regretted it. Its always {censored}ers with over 100 that have {censored}ed me, andthat was sending something that was not as advertised. One time I bought a PIII processor in the days before P4 and while I was waiting for it to arrive I received an email from a fellow who got my name off the auction ( He had been Watching this guy) and told me how he and lots others had bought stuff that never arrived and were unable to contact. He asked me if I was interested in joining a lawsuit with him and a bunch of other people who had reported him to the Feds as the transactions went across State lines. A month later my MO came back in the mail stamped "unable to find address" the dumb{censored} gave me an address that wasn't real. Later that year I got a Letter from the Attorney General's office saying they caught him and asking if I had incurred any losses. That screwball had 163 feedback, go figure. Now if you pay using PayPal and the item never arrives you have 45 days to report it. PayPal opens a claim and if no resolution is made you get a full refund in two weeks. So if it is selling for a good price, pay using PayPal, your covered! If PayPal didn't have that guarantee

yeah, the two big thigns worrying me is that he doesn't want to use paypal, and that he is hiding the bidders' names... made them private. I can't see any reason why a seller would want to hide the user ID's....

• Members

It says on the bottom that Paypal is accepted

"Let me start by saying....NO PAYPAL!!!"

"Shipping/Insurance will be $55($65 for Canada) included in US POSTAL money order or check only. Payment must be sent via Express Mail with a tracking number provided. Payment is expected within 7 postal days after auction is over."

• Members

hahaha I guess it was a scam after all.... ebay removed the auction. look:

"This listing (130111844792) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay."

• Members

yeah, the two big thigns worrying me is that he doesn't want to use paypal, and that he is hiding the bidders' names... made them private. I can't see any reason why a seller would want to hide the user ID's....

There are many good reasons. One is to prevent other members to contact the bidders to make fake second chance offers.

If you sell penis pumps, you don't want the user name to display either.

Archived