OT: New Demo (metal)!!

Dethshaft

• Members

Hey everyone,

So my band finally finished our new demo. Sounds pretty damn good considering the circumstances(our asshole guitarist left us in the middle of recording for his old band). Anyway check it out and let me know what you guys think (usually my stuff gets torched here :evil: ). Half of the leads are improvised cause the other guitarist left, but i'm pretty proud of it. The tone is 1/2 6505+ and 1/2 triple rectifier. The lead sounds are just a V-Amp (minor difficulties with amps so we had to compromise).

www.myspace.com/theenigmaspiral

Oh yeah, and if anyone is interested in the guitar position that would be great because I can't find a good guitarist who would commit to touring :mad:

Thanks!

Dean

• Members

Love it man. Here are my thoughts.

Drums are distant and dry (not sure if you were going for that) I'd run them through a good compressor and a maximizer to give them size, space, and cut.

Vocals need a little more high's... a small spike at about 1.4khz and 4khz would do it right IMO. Slightly less highs are needed on the clean vocals.

Guitars sound good, maybe a bit louder.

Lead sounds good.

m/

• Members

Love it man. Here are my thoughts.

Drums are distant and dry (not sure if you were going for that) I'd run them through a good compressor and a maximizer to give them size, space, and cut.

Vocals need a little more high's... a small spike at about 1.4khz and 4khz would do it right IMO. Slightly less highs are needed on the clean vocals.

Guitars sound good, maybe a bit louder.

Lead sounds good.

m/

+1

The bass drum(s) need more click/smack to them so they cut through.

Archived