How do you switch between the top boost and normal channel of a Vox AC30? A/B pedal?

willburford

• Members

I'm looking into either getting a vox ac30 or a rivera clubster 45 and I was wondering if you can switch between the top boost and normal channels on the vox, and still have the option to blend them. I'm guessing some sort A/B box would work or A/B/Y or something, but how do you set it up? Thanks a lot!

• Members

There are two inputs on the AC30cc w/ a blend switch. You plug into channel one and flip the blend switch to blend channels one and two. channel two is just channel two by itself, it doesn't blend (when you flip the blend switch while plugged into channel two, it goes silent) basically the aby box is to flip between the channels via a/b or "blend" by the y. You don't have to engage the blend switch when using an aby box. i set it up by connectiing the aby- a into channel one b into channel two - y is both channels engaged or "blended".

Hope this helps, and ill do my best to answer any other questions about it.

I do love the sound of this amp. I have had a few problems w/ tubes but the tone has been worth the trouble.

• Members

Awesome, sounds great! For some reason, I can't find the whirlwind a b y box, just the morley. Do you know of a site linking to it? Is it pretty much the same as the morley? Are the in and out jacks like the morley? I'm guessing A output goes to Top Boost channel, B to normal, and input to pedalboard... correct?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

• Members

Here is what i have:

http://www.whirlwindusa.com/selec.html

And yes, i connect it like you described. My rectifier tube went out, so i replaced it and all of my power tubes. but one of my new power tubes was bad and i kept blowing fuses. Just put my old tubes back in and it has been fine. I have to keep 4 different fuses on hand at all times though. It was kinda a pain in the arse, but i really do love this amp and it completes my tone. Its almost been a year w/ it and i still get chills everytime i play w/ my setup.

• Members

Sounds cool. I never tried that with mine. I loved jumping the channels by the switch and using the TB channel for my highs/high mids...and the Normal channel for the low end and punch.

Kind of like the old AC30's using a patch cable to jump them.

If I had my Loop-master pedal when I still had my CC2, I would have definately tried it though.

• Members

Thanks! I'll pick up one of those a b y boxes asap :)

Thanks for the input as well 64deuce... I was planning on getting a rat sometime, so this helps. :D There's just so many (vintage, reissue, keeley, vodka mods, etc..) Have a preference?

Archived