Xbox 360 3 red lights

Stephen Colbert

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still like the 360 alot. Plus IMO the 360 has the best sports games. And that's what I enjoy the most.

Madden
NBA
The NASCAR is fun as hell. And I can't stand red neck {censored} like that. But the game is the {censored}!!!!
Even Tiger Woods golf is fun as hell. And I hate golf as a sport.

• Members

If you just bought it 5 months ago it's still under warranty... unless you bought it used, sorry if I missed that.

If it's still under warranty with microsoft you can take it back to wal-mart and they should replace it. They will phone MS and see if it's eligible to be returned and if it is they just claims it out and get their money back anyway.

Luckily the only problem I've had is a bad HD. I bought a new system at wal-mart and pulled a switcharoo.

The 360 does use a SATA connection. If you want to run modded firmware you hook it to a pc via the SATA. But, that will get you BANNED.

I'd also be leary of getting a 'refurb' from MS nowadays since it could come back banned from xblive.

I'm breaking my wii in today :)

• Members
Maybe I'll just buy a new one, and come straight home and put the broken one in the box and immediately return it for a refund.
:D

It was sweet when you used to be able to unglue the bottom of the ps2 boxes, take out the new ps2 and then reglue it back with the broken one in it....and then you never break the seal of the top of the box...so it looked like you never opened it. But yea you could just do that at wal mart...or something.

• Members

AV cable ?

My bad 3 red lights not 4...

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

--==SECONDARY ERROR CODES==-
The specific type of hardware failure can be determined by a "hidden" error code
Turn the xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.
Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.
The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).
Release the eject button and press it again.
The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.
The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.
The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.
The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.
You should be able to determine the difference between the 3 flashing lights and the error code lights by the rate in which they flash.

Here is how you interpret the LEDs to get the code number:
All four lights flashing - 0
One light flashing - 1
Two Lights flashing - 2
Three lights flashing - 3

0001 power supply problem
0002 Network Interface problem
0003 Power problem could be the PSU could be the GPU/CPU, somehow the console isn't getting clean power from the power supply.
0010 over heating
0011 over heating - If you are receiving this error after disassembling your console make sure to all 8 of the heatsync screws are tightened securely to the board/heatsink holes.
0012 over heating
0013 over heating
0020 (Not yet known, possibly overheating)
0021 DVD Drive Time out - Can be caused by problems with a firmware flash. This is also speculated to sometime be caused by a problem with the southbridge chipset on the motherboard.
0022 GPU Error / GPU Overheating
0023 (not yet known)
0101 (not yet known)
0102 unknown error

0103 CPU Error/ CPU Overheating - see solution for error 0102
0110 Memory Error / Memory Overheating - see solution for error 0102
0200 (not yet known)
1000 (not yet known)
1001 (not yet known)
1002 (not yet known)
1003 Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it
1010 Hard Drive Error, Can be caused buy a corrupt or missing eProm.
1011 (not yet known)
1012 (not yet known)
1013 (not yet known) possibly a dashboard update error
1020 (not yet known)
1021 (not yet known)
1022 AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (could also be a problem with the encoder chip)
1023 DVD drive not connected, connect DVD drive to boot
1030 (not yet known)
1031 (not yet known)
1032 (not yet known)
1033 (not yet known)
1444 and up There is no "4" in the error codes four lights is a "0" go back and check your code again

• Members

Yeah thanks Edge!

Silverfacechamp also provided that as well.

It's not the power conditioner, it's not the hard drive (I removed that), it's not a heat code. Or shoudn't be. :freak:

It's gotta be something that someone needs to open this bad boy up and use a magnifying glass to find the problem. Something like a cold solder joint. And it's def not dirt build up. Because I wiped off the unit before I started, And it has next to NO dust on it what so ever.

• Members

It could also be a lack of conductive paste on the cpu. My brother got the 3 rings and I think that was the main problem. He tinkered with some other things too but I think I remember him saying the paste had worn away.

Archived