Video: Key & Peele: Dubstep

keybdwizrd

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by liliththekitten View Post
i

but you are the one who copped to liking commercial trance which plenty of people think is utter crap. and they said the same exact stuff about it at the time.

I don't like it anymore, that was last week. And it wasn't just Trance, it was Acid Anthem Dream Goa Ibiza Vocal Trance. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
In many cases what signifies dubstep is the fact that the filter-modulated bass line is taking on what would be the usual rhythm of hi hats. The so-called "wobble bass" will throb in quarter note triplets on 1 and 2, and switch to eighth note triplets on 3 and 4 (and sometimes go even faster than that).

This song isn't the greatest I've ever heard, but the track is quite listenable until that ridiculous bass wobble comes in. I see it's a "dubstep remix," but (to me) it doesn't fit in with the rest of the song, and I don't get the point.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
This song isn't the greatest I've ever heard, but the track is quite listenable until that ridiculous bass wobble comes in. I see it's a "dubstep remix," but (to me) it doesn't fit in with the rest of the song, and I don't get the point.

It's just a ploy to get people who like dubstep to listen to Ellie Goulding.

Crossover appeal is the name of the game.

That's why artists these days hire big name DJs/producers to remix/remake their songs -- so that they'll get airplay in clubs that play that particular genre. I think it's interesting that artists nowadays are so eager to bend and shape what they do to suit a given market.

The trust fund hipster dollar is real, but elusive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundwave106 View Post
This is Knife Party
Speaking of Knife Party, today I discovered that last year they released an EP called "100% No Modern Talking".

For the softie unaware, Modern Talking is a wavetable in NI Massive.

I guess it gets massively overused in dubstep for those vocal sounding wubs, because I don't think I've ever seen hate on a synthesizer *wavetable* before.

Poor Modern Talking wavetable. cry.gif

Archived