Okay, what did you get for Christmas?

midinut

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd

View Post

Mooginator - That all sounds like a whole unfortunate series of events. I hope that 2013 is better for you on all fronts.

Thanks. Sometimes you just gotta deal with the fact that you have a clueless moron for a father and move on. I was gone too long from home to realize that he was not at all what I expected on my return, so foolishly, I trusted him. I know if my son had lost everything at my hands ( or even on his own) and I had the resources to help him get back on his feet I would. Its very hard to build on nothing.

• Members
GB1KS.jpg

I got this- a yamaha GB1K. 5' baby grand. they tried to deliver it on monday but we got 3 inches of snow and they couldn't get the truck up the driveway, so it's coming tomorrow. it replaces my turn of the century Steinway I upright that needed more in work than it was worth spending on. It will go in my living room which is small so it will fit nicely. sure a longer piano would sound fuller, but this one sounds pretty damn good for a 151, and it was affordable. Its voiced pretty warm, I thought it would be brighter, but since it's going on a hard wood floor, it should be fine. maybe a small area rug underneath if needed. I looked at cable nelson and Hailun and some used baldwins and yamahas but I decided to go the new route.

Archived