Dickinson or Di'Anno??

Shredison

• Members

I'll go for Dickinson but I love those 2 early Maiden albums for sure!

I just don't think they could have taken it as far with Dianno

I saw Paul fronting his band Killers a couple of times and it was killer...80s heaven..Murder One is a good disc :D

• Members

i like Dianno...and i like Dickinson. but i think Dickinson fits Maiden better...his style just mixes with Maiden. Dianno was great on the first 2 albums though!

what about Blaze? i thought he could have been great if he would have kept it more in the DiAnno style, but he tried to sound like Bruce when he coiuldnt IMO.

• Members

i prefer dianno but i know everyones gonna say dickinson. i just like his punkier, gruffer ballsy singing. dickinsons a better singer, no doubt, but dianno is more of a badass, and has a great voice too

Same here. Still, when I think Maiden I think Dickenson.

• Members

I personally thought they sounded more badass with Dianno....it was more gruff and tough sounding.

But I can't deny their success with Dickinson and I think from a commercial standpoint they needed him to push further.

• Members

They were both great singers for the band. Dianno's style really meshed well with the rawer sound that maiden had earlier on. Similarly, Dickinson fit well as they became a little more polished.

I really can't imagine anyone else singing better for maiden in their respective time frames.

Archived