Pedal that gives 5150 sound? *I know this is an effects question*

GRAF

• Members

I came here with it because you all are the amp people, you know the tone I'm looking for.

That swooshy "pump" sound that the 5150 makes when cranked, that constantly ripped distortion.

I know that without pushing sound through tubes there is no exact copy to be had, but I was hoping there is something out there made to give a pretty accurate copy of the sound.

Is there????

:thu:

• Members

boss metalcore sounds exactly like boss hyper metal to me
nothing new

spend $200 in a peavey rockmaster and put it under your other pedals
maybe a peavey dirty dog pedal... but it probably sounds like a peavey bandit, maybe something close to peavey xxl

• Members

The only pedal I have ever heard/used that got even remotely close to the sound of my 5150 is the Line 6 Ubermetal on the "Pulverize" setting. Set up correctly and pushed through the right amp, it can pass for a mediocre impression of a 5150. There's still nothing like the real thing....

• Members

WTF?

Sheesh... you people have attitude problems.

Just looking for help here.

it's the fact you're from OJ.

MuddyTaint was in here the other day with fake ENGL spam, so people here are understandably wary of you guys.

Except Renoir1, he's one of us

• Members

i have no idea how 'swooshy pump' translates into a sound coming from a guitar amp lol!?

Exactly.

If you want the sound of a 5150, get a 5150. Or, go play at least 3 other amps and realize that in actuality, no one should ever want a 5150. :freak:

If you're shopping dirt pedals, get a Blackstone and enjoy the sounds it makes.

• Members
Exactly.

If you want the sound of a 5150, get a 5150. Or, go play at least 3 other amps and realize that in actuality, no one should ever want a 5150.
:freak:

If you're shopping dirt pedals, get a Blackstone and enjoy the sounds it makes.

I would LOVE to get a nice fat 5150 setup, seriously, they don't cost THAT much, it's just I live in an apartment. I'm looking for a pedal I can run into my VOX AD30VT and use headphones.

I know very well there are tons of better amps on the market, but to my ears, the 5150 is the one I want. Eventually I have a nice setup too, full cab or something. But for now, I have to stick to alternitive solutions.

• Members
I came here with it because you all are the amp people, you know the tone I'm looking for.

That swooshy "pump" sound that the 5150 makes when cranked, that constantly ripped distortion.

I know that without pushing sound through tubes there is no exact copy to be had, but I was hoping there is something out there made to give a pretty accurate copy of the sound.

Is there????

:thu:

The closest I've come to it with a pedal is the Zoom Driver 5000. They're no longer made, but you can find them on ebay fairly often; it you don't see one one day, check a week later. I've previously bought 2 from fellow forumites over time. They're compressed-sounding but are also definitely thick and heavy-sounding and not like the tinny canned-in bee sound the Metal Zone gets. When I had my 5150, I put the Driver into the clean channel and got a fairly close but more compressed sound, but keep in mind that running it into the 5150 at all may have had some influence. And it sounded fairly similar when running into the clean channel of my Ultra Plus amp.

And you ain't no n00b~! :mad::o:)

• Members
WTF?

Sheesh... you people have attitude problems.

Just looking for help here.

even if you hadn't said that you weren't a usual around these parts, that statement alone would give it away.

on any given thread there is only a 17% chance that you'll actually get a serious answer :wave:

:o

Archived