marshall dsl 100 tone

marshalles01

• Members

is the Linear Power Booster 2 a volume boost, or does it actually give the amp saturation?

Both, depending on how it's used. If used in front of an amp input, it acts as a drive if used in an amp loop it acts as a boost

• Members

Both, depending on how it's used. If used in front of an amp input, it acts as a drive if used in an amp loop it acts as a boost

so in my situation, wanting to get more of a fluidy, saturated tone, i'll want to put it in front of the amp, correct?

• Members

so in my situation, wanting to get more of a fluidy, saturated tone, i'll want to put it in front of the amp, correct?

Yup, that is what I do. I use an Electro Harmonix LPB-2 Boost in front of my Mojave Peacemaker, and I also have a Marshall BluesbreakerII overdrive that I use for different flavors, but the pedals definately go in front of the amp, for me.

You should try both methods though, because the experience of KNOWING 1st hand what it does is invaluable, and you will decide for yourself what works best for you. ;):thu:

• Members

Yup, that is what I do. I use an Electro Harmonix LPB-2 Boost in front of my Mojave Peacemaker, and I also have a Marshall BluesbreakerII overdrive that I use for different flavors, but the pedals definately go in front of the amp, for me.

You should try both methods though, because the experience of KNOWING 1st hand what it does is invaluable, and you will decide for yourself what works best for you.
;):thu:

thanks man.:thu:

• Members

Putting a boost pedal in front of it only gave me a hell of a lot of unwanted feedback noise and a harsher sound. The DSL100 has more gain then one could ever possibly need. Try putting a good EQ through the FX loop to shape your sound to your liking. I get great results with a Sniper GE-7 just altering the bass sliders a bit. Makes it sound much "bigger".

Archived