Fender FM 210R as a bedroom practice amp; yay or nay?

Speeddemon

• Members

I need a new practice amp (something around 30W-50W), which will work well with pedals, has reverb and has a full sound.

I've tried a bunch, and aside from the crappy drive-channel the cleans of the FM210R weren't that bad at all. But what do you guys think? Should I look for something else?

I am also considering the Tech 21 Trademark 30. (or a 2nd handed Gallien Krueger 250ML/206ML).

I have played a Laney VC15-110 and a Vox VR30R, both with a similar 'template' (allthough the Laney is fulltube), and while these sound nice, those 1x10" speakers could use some more low-end punch. I've heard the VR30R over a 2x12" and that's amazing, but I'm trying to get a similar low-end response, without having to resort to such measures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

30 - 50w for the bedroom ? Why so much power ?

For the punch, I guess.

Anyway, I had the FM 210 R at home for a week, but returned it, since it made my H&K Tubefactor sound like utter crap!

The Roland GC-405 I owned before was way more neutral and worked really well with my pedals. Right now I have my GF's Roland Cube 30 at my place, to verify if the JC Clean channel is my thing. So far it is, although I keep EQ-ing tiny bits, since the 10" speaker sounds kinda honky, eventhough it puts out more than enough low-end.

I'm considering a Roland JC-55 or a Gallien Krueger MLE 208 right now.

Archived