Best speaker for H&K Switchblade?

ampwhore

• Members

A Greenback would be a bad idea. One 25 watt speaker being driven by a 50 watt amp = bad news.

If you want Greenback tone, look at the Celestion G12-65. If you're doing more modern tones, the Vintage 30 or CL80 are good choices.

• Members

A Greenback would be a bad idea. One 25 watt speaker being driven by a 50 watt amp = bad news.

If you want Greenback tone, look at the Celestion G12-65. If you're doing more modern tones, the Vintage 30 or CL80 are good choices.

I think V30 will be too bright, I was thinking abt the G12H30 too anyone tried that?

• Members

I think V30 will be too bright, I was thinking abt the G12H30 too anyone tried that?

The Greenback will be brighter (as far as actual high end) than the V30 will.

A G12H30 would be at risk of being cooked, too, as it's a 30 watt driver.

You need something rated for at least 50 watts in there.

• Members

Eh.

It's not really the kind of amp where changing out the spearker is going to improve much about it.

What about the speaker don't you like? The EQ on all the channels is pretty damn versatile.

Your better bet is to get a closed 2x12 or something with the speakers of your choice and push that instead.

-W

• Members

id just throw in a v30, they sound great with all the other HK stuff I have played, although I have never tried a the SB.

No....

V30's in a 2x12 or 4x12 is fine, for most applications.

Asking a single V30 to get cranked with 50 watts all on it's own is not ideal, IMHO.

Put the bad ass EV 12l in there and light up the sky. It will take all the punishment you can dish. Stays on the money even when your amp is dimed

If it fits. :cool:

• Members

Eh.

It's not really the kind of amp where changing out the spearker is going to improve much about it.

What about the speaker don't you like? The EQ on all the channels is pretty damn versatile.

Your better bet is to get a closed 2x12 or something with the speakers of your choice and push that instead.

-W

Defeats the purpose of having a combo.

• Members

Eh.

-W

Yea I have a few cabs but I want to just use the single speaker in the amp alone.....I bought it for home use

Archived