I'm on a Mac

charliedango

• Members

first thing i did when i got my new imac was replace the mouse with a logitech revolution wireless, it still boggles my mind that mac has done nothing with their mice while improving and revolutionizing pretty much everything else, mac mice SUCK, but i love the computer with a passion

• Members

first thing i did when i got my new imac was replace the mouse with a logitech revolution wireless, it still boggles my mind that mac has done nothing with their mice while improving and revolutionizing pretty much everything else, mac mice SUCK, but i love the computer with a passion

That is the same mouse I'm using. The thing is tops. Every other mouse feels horrible in comparison.

• Members

Mac is trendy crap, and the survival of the company is dependent upon that trendy image. Just look at their marketing.

Mac lovers flame away.

:thu:

No need to flame if it isn't your cup of tea, but if you don't think apple has revolutionized the computer industry then I don't know what to say. Even Mr. Gates would, and has, agree.

• Members

I don't want to come off as knocking Macs, but a friend of mine has bothered me for years about Macs ever since he got his.

I've gotten to the point of telling him I f**king hate Macs even though I don't care one way or the other and he'll still end up telling me about "good" deals on them as if I'm looking to buy one and as if they're lower/older models are better than current nicer PC's.

IMO if you use a Mac and it does what you want, that's awesome, but please don't try to push it on me like something along the lines of the Jehovah's Witnesses/Watchtower (B)org, etc.~!
:D

haha, I totally hear you...some people are turning this into a religion....

macs are fine, pc are fine too, both are just tools to get certain jobs done, choose whatever your like and start worrying about more important things...

• Members

Apple looks cool - very neat and tidy but It's too cheap to just buy the bits you need and build your own PC, I'm not sure I could justify spending a whole lot extra on apple for something similar I can build for cheap.

Obviously they do some next computers with 2 32" screens and 4 processors, 16 gig of ram 3 terabytes of storage or whatever which is brilliant if you can afford it/need it which would be hard to sort out yourself in a pc....

• Members

I'm a hardcore mac fan and there has yet to be a mac mouse that I liked. Logitech to the rescue on that one.

You should get the new bluetooth mighty mouse. And the OP should get a grasp of Logic's capabilities. And try a Metric Halo while he's at it. :lol:

Hehe.

• Members

I love my Mac Pro, Just typing this on my 2.66 with 5 gigs of ram, 3 sata 2 drives with Logic Pro using just under 3 gigs to play back my new tune. While I surf and check email everything is just humming along!

:) I'll never run anything else. Ya I've been trying to like this keyboard but I seem too miss spell everything. The mouse still has the wrapping on it.. Good for resale for a genuine Mac' er..

Later

Brian

• Members

I love my Mac Pro, Just typing this on my 2.66 with 5 gigs of ram, 3 sata 2 drives with Logic Pro using just under 3 gigs to play back my new tune. While I surf and check email everything is just humming along!

:)
I'll never run anything else. Ya I've been trying to like this keyboard but I seem too miss spell everything. The mouse still has the wrapping on it.. Good for resale for a genuine Mac' er..

Later

Brian

That's funny. I'm running 32 tracks of 96KHz audio and about 5 effects per track on Vegas right now while I'm surfing the web and doing other stuff. No problems here either (Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, 150GB HD, Running XP)

• Members

You should get the new bluetooth mighty mouse. And the OP should get a grasp of Logic's capabilities. And try a Metric Halo while he's at it.
:lol:

Hehe.

I had the bluetooth mighty mouse and really wanted to like it, but between the scrolling wheel getting gunked up and not working every few weeks, and the amount of batteries it ate, I gave up and went to the logitech wireless revolution. Much more comfortable, more productive and it is rechargable.

• Members

Been a pc guy my whole life. Recently got a job where practically everyone in the office uses a mac notebook. I was thinking of getting one of those anyways since nobody really builds there own laptop so I took the plunge. It did not take me long to figure out how to use it mainly since everyone else in the office was able to help me out with it and install some "essential" software to make the experience better. I really love it now and find it much easier to use than windows. My biggest gripes with mac though is that the "maximize" button does not actually maximize the window. This does not bug me much though since I practically never shut down the operating system and leave all windows open they are pre-maximized (though I cringe every time I have to use someone else's mac). So many programs for windows require you to restart the operating system for them to work and I've always had stability issues putting a pc to sleep instead of just shutting down. The mouse thing is not a big deal with the macbook since I find touching two fingers on the mouse pad and clicking is easier than reaching for the right mouse key on the mouse pad (another part of the mac addicts showing me a few tricks). The biggest barrier mac has now is that most people who use computers already went through the trouble of learning how to use a pc and don't wanna go through the trouble of learning a mac. I don't think I'll ever go back to windows for anything other than video games though I do enjoy building pc's and will probably eventually break down and build a linux box for a web server (I also love working with Ubuntu). I believe that a lot more software will be released for Mac as their market share increases (though we might see more security flaws surface too). For those who have used mac, like using them, but are dependent on windows software the newer intel macs can be dual booted with Windows XP. I did this for awhile and it worked really well but eventually got rid of windows after I found that I never really used it.

Archived