Got a new cab. Need help with it... (pic inside)

Renato

• Members

how dificult can it be to hook up a cab to an amp?

I have the standard 4x12 marshall wich has a very informative backpanel (two inputs, each with two impedance values for each mode, mono or stereo).

now I got me one of those cheap harley benton 2x12 V30 cabs but I think the backpanel is a bit confusing. pic ahead:

IMG_5233.JPG

the driver description says the impedance is 8Ohm. I'm assuming is each. So in stereo I should have two 8Ohm inputs. And in mono I should have 4 or 16Ohm depending on how they're connected, series or parallel.

None of the above seems to fit the cabs inputs' labels. what do you think? if in doubt how can I be sure I don't mess anything? my amp is a Laney GH50L, wich has several outputs with diferent impedances, from 4 to 16Ohm. Should I use the lower impedance amp output to make sure the cab's impedance is always higher?

• Members

To run it mono, flip the switch to the right, set your amp at 8ohms, and plug into either jack on the cab. In stereo, you'd plug two amps set at 16ohms each into both jacks with the switch on the cab flipped to the left. I don't believe the switch has anything to do with which jack is left and which is right.

• Members

To run it mono, flip the switch to the right, set your amp at 8ohms, and plug into either jack on the cab. In stereo, you'd plug two amps set at 16ohms each into both jacks with the switch on the cab flipped to the left. I don't believe the switch has anything to do with which jack is left and which is right.

Me thoughts exactly, matey.

Arrrrghh.

• Members

I only used it once yet, but I plugged only one cable and both speakers seemed to be working.

my amp actually has the option to use two outputs and as any head is a mono amp. but I thought it only made sense to connect two cabs or a stereo cab with no mono mode option. what's the point having a switch to mono if I have to connect two cables?

• Members

Yep. Not too tough to follow.

Archived