Vox AC30 vs. Crate V32 Palomino

BadCompany89

• Members

The only amp I have the hots for at the present time is the Bassman, but there's no effects, you need pedals. It's a good classic rock amp, after all I was told the first Marshalls were based on it. At the current currency, it shouldn't cost more than $1200, what kind of guitar are you playing?

• Members

The only amp I have the hots for at the present time is the Bassman, but there's no effects, you need pedals. It's a good classic rock amp, after all I was told the first Marshalls were based on it. At the current currency, it shouldn't cost more than $1200, what kind of guitar are you playing?

Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS.

• Members
Thanks for posting the link, I just ordered the v32 2x12 and I believe that confirms it is the sound I am looking for.

I really am leery of buying an amp from clips heard on its website. I need to play it up close and live.

• Members

I've not heard the Vox but I own the Crate V3112T - (same as Palomino)

Nice amp, good cleans, nice OD - plenty of volume. Went to GC and tried out a few amps and the crate was as good or better. Some are being made overseas now. mine was made here(2006) BTW - Crate is owned by Loud Technolgies which make Mackie among others.

Let YOUR ears decide.

Dan

• Members

i'm in class. i can't listen to it.

think about it. crate probably was like "hey, we need to make a ~30watt, vintage voiced tube amp.....let's see if we can do a spin on the AC30.."

why not get the real thing?

I don't think that the Palominos/V series sound like an AC30 at all. It's a lot more similar to the Peavey Classics, but probably brighter. The V50 can pretty much get into modern metal territory.

They don't sound like {censored} by any means.

Archived