2 channel Blackface Dual Recto, is this a good deal?

Chrisjd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty good deal! Their prices have dropped here recently. I payed a little more for one a few years ago but they seem to be dropping. They sound so much better then the current rectos. I tried a new dual at my local dealer and it sounded horrible. My Road King sounds very different from the current line of dual rectos.

• Members

well you are, cause that would not make sense to be worth more for looks

okay, then what's the difference between a black face dual 2 channel recto and a regular 2 channel dual recto?

(besides the stated obvisous color difference and the rarity of the blackface.... what's the difference?)

• Members

Nah... I ride the tubes raw and dirty. But it DOES burn...

Man, I posted the same question on here a couple of months ago with the obligatory date-joke, but nobody answered. I thought I'd skip it this time. Thanks for picking up the slack.

• Members

Nah... I ride the tubes raw and dirty. But it DOES burn...

Man, I posted the same question on here a couple of months ago with the obligatory date-joke, but nobody answered. I thought I'd skip it this time. Thanks for picking up the slack.

No prollem. I'm allowed to answer one "How Do I Date..." question like this per month....it's in the HCAF By-Laws.

• Members

How do you date these amps? I've never found anything that shows a serial number system...

I want to know what year and revision mine is...

The serial #'s are sequential...meaning they are numbered in the order they were made. You can also pull the chassis and the date will be written on the inside and the rev will be on the PCB Board.

If you tell me the serial # I can tell you what rev and approximate year it is.

• Members

then why pay more for a color option?

Mostly misinformation and/or some people just like the way it looks I guess. You'd have to ask someone who paid more for one to be sure. I have the 28th Dual Recto made and I couldn't care less what color it is.

• Members

I have the 28th Dual Recto made and I couldn't care less what color it is.

nice, so have you a/b ed yours with a later two channel that isnt part of the first 500? are the first 500 way better than a regular two channel, or is it just not enough to make someone seek it out if they arent too worried about AMAZING tone?

if there is a huge difference, i may have to look into them, if not, i will just look around some more and see if i can find what i like...

• Members

nice, so have you a/b ed yours with a later two channel that isnt part of the first 500? are the first 500 way better than a regular two channel, or is it just not enough to make someone seek it out if they arent too worried about AMAZING tone?

if there is a huge difference, i may have to look into them, if not, i will just look around some more and see if i can find what i like...

Yep, I also have a 94' rev G racktifier. It's not a huge difference but it is noticeable. The first 500 were built with the Mark III OT and they definitely have a Mark flavor to the sound. They have a little bit tighter low end and the mid frequencies seem to be bumped a bit higher than on the later ones. They're not as compressed sounding and are more dynamic to the players touch. The cleans aren't as good. It really depends on what you like to say which one is better.

• Members
Mostly misinformation and/or some people just like the way it looks I guess. You'd have to ask someone who paid more for one to be sure. I have the 28th Dual Recto made and I couldn't care less what color it is.

Finally scored the 64th Dual Recto made (R-0064) :thu:

It's M I N T! One Owner, looks like it just came fresh from the factory. 2 sets of brand new tubes, cover, footswitch, manual.

I'm very pleased to score this one, and got a killer deal.

It's RF-1C, does that make it "C" tranny?

Archived