New Mesa Boogie Mark IV Clip (New Settings For Metal Tone!)

gibson5413

• Members

I played around with the EQ for this clip. Let me first say that I know the mixing levels aren't adjusted just yet (they melody line during the chorus is too loud). Do you like the tone compared to my other Killswitch clip?

I am just trying to play around with the amp to get different tones. I have mainly been playing with my Schecter Hellraiser with EMGs for the past month. I'm beginning to transition back in to my passive pickup guitars and more mid gain clips.

I'll stop rambling, do you like this tone for a modern metal tone? I think it's pretty cool and the harmonics really jump off the fretboard.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=24796

• Members

It sounds quite muddy, but still pretty good. I would recommend trying to dial in a slightly more scooped tone, or if you want to do some post EQing, maybe cut somewhere around 500-800 hz. After that, maybe boost around 2.5-3 khz to brighten it up a bit.

• Members

It sounds quite muddy, but still pretty good. I would recommend trying to dial in a slightly more scooped tone, or if you want to do some post EQing, maybe cut somewhere around 500-800 hz. After that, maybe boost around 2.5-3 khz to brighten it up a bit.

Yeah, I agree on the mids setting. I wanted to try out a little bit different tone for this one. I usually scoop it a bit more since the Mark IV has a pretty pronounced mid frequency.

Archived