Please identify my cab

Kaz2550

• Members

Are you guys sure it's a Marshall cab?
The plastic edges and the handles look different than your usual 1960.
And it's missing that support log in the middle of the speakers. That foam might have been added later, Marshall doesn't use it as far as I know?

Also the shape is a bit unusual IMO:confused:

• Members

1976 1982B ?

Going with the date codes from your link wouldn't that make the speaker from 25th Jan 1972 according to the serial number AE25? J122 bit doesn't make sense because it doesn't contain a second letter (and 1 can't be an "I" because I doesn't exist in the serial number list).

Some more info. The back has a single jack. The tolex is not the same type as my JCM800. It's more like my Laney's tolex where the pattern is square and meshed.

• Members

For starters the 1960 A/B are 4 x 75 Watt 'G12T-75' speakers , the 1982 A/B are 100 watt cabs.

If it were a AV it would have speakers rated at 70 Watts each .

Yeah, but that's not the whole truth. Both 1960 and 1982 came in a variety of speaker configurations. I was thinking that maybe there is some kind of construction difference between the two. You had 100W, 120W and 400W 1982's over the years. And you still have a lot of options on the 1960.

I was able find that on the web, but nothing about constructional differences. Sure it can't be just the speakers?

• Members

Are there holes for a center support beam at all?

The tolex looks marshall but...the grill cloth doesn't. Does it have finger joints or is there extra wood?

A picture of the side handle might help. And a close up on the corner protector thingies.

• Members

The tolex looks marshall but...the grill cloth doesn't. Does it have finger joints or is there extra wood?

A picture of the side handle might help. And a close up on the corner protector thingies.

I'll get some more pics when I get home. The handle is very small and it's not like the normal one where you get a big bar to hold it's just a small plastic thing where you can hold.

• Members
Are there holes for a center support beam at all?

The speakers should have a "T" number on them as well, the middle post could have been taken out when they put in the fiberglass.the handles look different.
1967 1982B
0101020102020103032007082024baef267a89fd

010102010406010304200708208b31bdb5f40574

OP's..

21072007518.jpg

• Members

Nah it's not a marshall cab..I'm 100% sure of that, Tolex, Handles, Corner Protectors all different, no support strut inside the cab, the baffle and grille cloth are flat rather than sloping inwards.

Could be a Laney or actually....I've seen an old Selmer that looked very much like that. That was a wicked sounding cab too fwiw.

Archived