Alvin Lee was an insane guitarist and he had amazing tone. (video)

bikehorn

• Members

Here's Ten Years After covering "I Woke Up This Morning"...damn what a generic blues song title but anyway, the playing and sound of his guitar are just so sick it should be illegal. He uses a Strat in this video too, not his usual ES-335. Anyone else a fan? I just love loud blues rock. I wonder what kind of fuzz pedal he's using.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13edo_ten-years-after

• Members

I wore their first album (or whichever it was with "I'd Love To Change The World") OUT. Great band. Alvin was one of the first players to get the "he plays too fast, no feeling" tag. I always liked him, tho.

....and yeah, the bassist needs to switch from coke to heroin like the keys player.

• Members

I wore their first album (or whichever it was with "I'd Love To Change The World") OUT. Great band. Alvin was one of the first players to get the "he plays too fast, no feeling" tag. I always liked him, tho.

....and yeah, the bassist needs to switch from coke to heroin like the keys player.

That was one of their(much) later albums. The bassist is I believe Leo Lyons, and that's speed, not coke. ;)

• Members

Here's Ten Years After covering "I Woke Up This Morning"...damn what a generic blues song title but anyway, the playing and sound of his guitar are just so sick it should be illegal. He uses a Strat in this video too, not his usual ES-335. Anyone else a fan? I just love loud blues rock. I wonder what kind of fuzz pedal he's using.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13edo_ten-years-after

I've always thought of him being the first true shredder(smokes on teh 335) he rox!:rawk:

Archived