Attn geeks: Time for an HCAF product design!

Dark Angel

• Members

So, how many guys here have heads stacked in all corners of the house, cabs as furniture, yet we have to {censored} with tangles of cable to swap things around?

We need a simple, for home, amp and cab switching matrix. Like ampeg's display thingy and a headbone, but just more. Here's what I envision:

Two banks, each with say an 8 way switch (or however many is easily feasible)

For each bank, just two knobs, "head" and "cab".

Then one switch to make Bank A heads route to Bank B cabs.

HeadsA HeadsB

toggle A/B

CabsA CabsB

Since it's not for performance, we don't need footswitches or nothing. toggling A/B is a "do at own risk, ought to power down" operation. This would just allow two guys to each select from a set of any 8 heads and any 8 cabs (16 each in all) without blowing a head (like a Radial HeadBone).

So, what geek is gonna design this for us? We can build it ourselves, or buy 'em. I can't imagine this is an overly expensive endeavor. I'm a computer geek, but I don't know a damn thing about electronics. But if Radial's stuff can be made, advertised, retailed, and still be profitable at 200 bucks, I would like to think that for 500 or less we could DIY something like this, especially with the whore power of an HCAF group buy on any expensive switches or whatever.

Archived