RANT!: Lead singer of my former band owes me money!

DiSiAC

• Members

START RANT:

I quit the band in June,

I had a Korg MS2000 that the lead singer used as a vocoder,

When I quit the guy asked if I would sell it to him. The MS2000 is pretty beat up from gigging but I have the skill the make it near mint and sell it for near 400 bucks, but I was being nice and said ide sell it to him for 250 in its current condition, which btw is a pretty fair deal on the MS2000 considering I sold one in like condition for 350 2 week before.

Eitherway I knew he didn't have the money but he would pay me in July.

Come July around when he owed me the cash I heard from the drummer that he hit some serious finicial hardships. Dip{censored} had 4 warrents for his arrest, no drivers liscense, no insurence, car not registered, fake plates, no title, and finally got pulled over. Luckily for him he only got fined far out the ass and community service. Being the nice guy I am, I gave him more time. It went on for a while and he said as soon as he could get his car out of the impound lot he would pay me. The car has been out since august. Tonight thought the band was playing a gig inwich they would be getting paid 250 bucks. Conviently he owes me 250 bucks so I figured hey he could pay me tonight. I called the drummer who I am actually friends with still and he said yeah we are getting paid.

Few hours later I get a call from asshole lead singer and he said

1.) stop calling (drummer), I owe you not him leave him out of this

2.) the keyboard got worse, I can give you 100 now and call it even.

3.) I cant give you a set date on when I can give you the full amount but I will call you when I can.

My response was (singer) I hate to be a dick about this, I have been working with you but I know I can rebuild it and sell it for way more than you said you would give me, my 250 deal was me doing a favor since I quit the band. More bitching was involved in the phonecall and I was going to repo then and there but I was way to drunk to head that far into town.

Should I just repo it and say {censored} you man your a dick or should I give this shmuck more time?

• Members

Call him and give him 15 dayz to pay. If he doesn't pay he's had plenty of time already and i wouldn't feel bad about it. You've already givin him plenty of time + some.
If he needs it bad enough he'll find the cash!

Dont buy pedals/gear from musictoyz.com
Well, if you want re packaged goods thats had numb nutz tweekin the insides, go for it. Now try to get a refund lol!

• Members

a repo is in order and then a beat down just for the fun of it....you own the unit you can do what you will with it at any time. If it were mine I'd show up to their next gig and grab right out from under em but thats me, I don't {censored} around wiht bull{censored} or let go on for a longer duration than it needs to be

• Members

I don't know the guy or how far he would go to screw you over, but I would somehow put in writing that he would sign for just in case you have to go to small claims court. Send him a certified letter requesting full payment of $250 within a time frame or to return it to you. That way you would have some sort of evidence that you have requested the money or for it to be returned. If that doesn't work, beat his ass and take it while he is on the floor. :thu:

Cole

• Members

Prove it is yours just in case he pulls some {censored} like you stole it from him. Repo your gear, and make him pay for the damage that he did to it since you let him use it. That is a bunch of {censored}, the keyboard got worse I will pay you $100. {censored} him man, get your stuff and make him pay for anything that is wrong with it.

Cole

• Members

the small claims thing Im not the least bit worried about. Our practice space got robbed a year ago but because he has so many legal problems he won't call the cops. He also won't fight back because he knows I dont throw fists, I pop bullets.

PS I am not going to shoot someone over 250 bucks, I'm not that stupid, But he doesn't know that.

Archived