Can you hook up two amps this way???

Guiary

• Members

Ok here is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. The purpose for this is to try and use all my effects through two amps (just for information sake). Half of the effects are going through the effects loop and the other half right into the amp.

Sooo since the DD-20 has two inputs (A, B) and two outputs(A, B) could you

Just curious thats all. If say you wanted to use each amps own distortion and power amp section while using both effects loop.

Thanks for the insight,

Gary

• Members

{censored}!!! It worked out perfectly on the screen where type your message in....

well I hope I explained it well enough to make sense..... Lets try in a table

AMP1 AMP2

Input(A1) Input(A2)

Send(A1) Send(A2)

Return(A1) Return(A2)

DD-20
Input 1 to Send A1
Input 2 to Send A2
Output 1 to Return A1
Output 2 to Return A2

Guitar into A/B Box splitting signal to Input A1 and Input A2

• Members

Hahah yea, the text editor strips out all of the spaces. For a code box just do

[ code] [ /code] and put it in between them (don't put the spaces like I did though). Code boxes don't {censored} the formatting like the text editor does.

hooray for {censored} in code boxes.

m /

• Members
Ok here is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. The purpose for this is to try and use all my effects through two amps (just for information sake). Half of the effects are going through the effects loop and the other half right into the amp.

Sooo since the DD-20 has two inputs (A, B) and two outputs(A, B) could you

MS PAINT you :wave:tard. I have a {censored}ing headache now.:poke:

• Members

I reckon it will work.

That has though sparked up an idea in my head.

I know how to slave one amp head into another. Just connect the fx send of one amp to the fx return of the other. Or use the Slave Out jack on one amp and connect it to the Slave In, or the fx return, on the other amp.

But is it possible to slave two amps into each other?

I have a Mesa/Boogie MarkIV, and an Engl Fireball. I wanna hear what my Fireball sounds like with Simul-class power, and also hear my MarkIV through the Fireball's power section.

Can I just slave each amp into each other, at the same time?

• Members
the SEND jack in an FX loop is pretty much the same thing as a SLAVE OUT

same thing goes with RECEIVE and AMP IN

hope that clears some stuff up

When you slave an amp out are you still able to use the slave's distortion as in having two seperate distortions going? When I tried to slave my amp out it just sounded like I had two of the same amps. Just using the power section of one.

Then I guess I was wondering why use an A/B box why not slave amps together ..:confused: I'm still foggy on this issue

• Members
When you slave an amp out are you still able to use the slave's distortion as in having two seperate distortions going? When I tried to slave my amp out it just sounded like I had two of the same amps. Just using the power section of one.

Then I guess I was wondering why use an A/B box why not slave amps together ..
:confused:
I'm still foggy on this issue

No, when you slave out, you skip the preamp of the slave... thats why slaves do not have preamps and are just poweramps in a box.

if you want to run 2 different amps and have both of their respective preamp's running, get an a/b/y box.

• Members

No, when you slave out, you skip the preamp of the slave... thats why slaves do not have preamps and are just poweramps in a box.

if you want to run 2 different amps and have both of their respective preamp's running, get an a/b/y box.

Ok that makes sense.... but how would I go about using the effects from one effects loop to another amp. As in the diagram say I wanted to use the DD-20 into two amps but in their effects loop and have my guitar plugged into both amps inputs with an A/B/Y box so I can use each amps preamp

• Members

Ok that makes sense.... but how would I go about using the effects from one effects loop to another amp. As in the diagram say I wanted to use the DD-20 into two amps but in their effects loop and have my guitar plugged into both amps inputs with an A/B/Y box so I can use each amps preamp

i'm not familiar with the dd-20, but i do have a dd-6.

the 6 has 2 inputs and outputs, so you could actually hook the pedal into both FX loops, keep one amp in the A input/output and the other amp in the B input/output.

Archived