Just bought a Laney GH100L!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Oh man!!! Does this amp sound awesome or what??? I used to have one back in the day and loved it but I didn't remember it being THAT good!!

I also got the sweetest deal ever: $450 w/ a matching 2x12!!!

if any Laney users want to chime in with settings, tips etc, that would be cool.

My first question is.. how should I adjust the return level when using pedals through the loop?

• Members

Sweet! Such overlooked amps, as for the loop theres a level control on the back if thats what you mean?

Yeah that's the control I'm talking about. How should I set it to work with pedals?

The amp is taking rack effects really well but I'm having a hard time using pedals through the loop... the tone gets a little "hollow" and I'm losing a little bit of sustain

:confused:

• Members
Yeah that's the control I'm talking about. How should I set it to work with pedals?

The amp is taking rack effects really well but I'm having a hard time using pedals through the loop... the tone gets a little "hollow" and I'm losing a little bit of sustain

:confused:

What have you got the loop set to? How loud is it through that 2x12? My 50L is rediculous through my cab, i smashed loads of stuff on my desk the other day.

• Members

lol.. it's funny because the neighbor next door is a drummer and the guy in the house behind mine is a singer so they're ok with my noise..

I thought the insert setting was for "serial" and the side chain setting was for "parallel" looping.

It's funny because it sounds great with rack effects but weird with pedals.

But I will try the side chain setting now :)

Archived