Crate V Series V33H 33W Tube Guitar Amp Head

primeholy

• Members

i got to play through the v18 212. it is a vast downgrade in tonal quality. it sounds like the vintage club from the mid 90s. the OD sounds like it's been gutted for something more fender like. i was extremely disappointed.

Downgrade from what? The old Vintage Clubs were pretty highly regarded as far as tone goes.

• Members

the 90s one with the controls on top i forget the model, but they sucked.

i had a Crate VC6112 (all black with a silver face) with front mounted controls, and yes, that amp {censored}ing wailed.

think black or white with gold panel. those things sucked!

• Members

i had a Crate VC6112 (all black with a silver face) with front mounted controls, and yes, that amp {censored}ing wailed.

They sucked because most people could get killer tones out of them? (the old VC models) Sorry to hear that you had problems dialing them in .

• Members

I just tried out that very amp just the other day at a local place and i have to say HOLY {censored}TTT THAT AMP SURPRISED THE HELL OUT OF ME, it did sound good! :eek:

They are with a front control panel and 2 rows of knobs/EQ's with 2 seperate channels, (Also a mid boost switch and another switch) damn the tones surprised the hell out of me

:thu:

Archived