Best Buy 2nd hand rack effects?

¤ Matt ¤

• Members

the g major is pretty much the "standard" around that price range. i own one and the effects are great with absolutely no colouring to the tone at all. I have an invader 150 myself and i put the g major in loop 1 and i couldnt tell the difference when i bypassed the g major and i switched to loop 2.

however, the xpression is another rival for the g major at that price point but i dont have any experience with that.

• Members

The Intellifex is a nice unit and you can get them cheap. It doesn't do the tip-to-ground switching that the G-Major does but it's got an incredible chorus. If I could find one for sale I'd pick up the Replifex. I hear they are great units and they also do the switching that the G-Major does.

• Members

I had the Intellifex and wasn't too happy with it.

It was very basic and all the effects were not "modern sounding" enough for me since it was the early 90's model.

I'm using the Alesis Midiverb4 right now, and it does a much better job IMO. I don't think this unit was created specifically for guitar though, but it does the job great and the chorus and delays are much more lush, compared to the Intellifex.

Archived