Best P90s with most chunk and least fizz?

xedgep90x

• Members
Hey guys, I'm looking for the best P90s with more output in the midrange and lows with little highs. Any suggestions? Also, it needs to be available with gold pole pieces. Thanks

Talk to Brian at BG pickups. He'll probably custom wind some for you. He also has several different magnet options. Everyone gushes over his pickups. I'm planning on getting a set for this guitar.

• Members

The VP-90's are known for tone and can be custom ordered. Reasonably priced as well.

How did this drop below my other post? Brian or Pete will do custom wound sets quite a bit cheaper than the stock HD prices. Custom wounds are probably an added amount. And a lot of people really don't like the standard HD P/Z 90s.

• Members

Ya know, I really only know about HD by local rep. In truth, I know very little about this pickup (orig P90 ) that I have enjoyed so much from artists like Pete Townsend and Leslie West. I'm sure Lollar or BKP both make a great one to but, so cost prohibitive. Norcal's may be his best bet.

BTW, anybody know the diff between the 90 and the P-100?

• Members

excellent P90s can be got from Pete Biltoft at vintagevibeguitars.com

i had a set of P90s built for a strat of mine (the picture is on his website, in the pickguard assembly section), 10% overwound ceramic bridge, 5% overwound alnico 5 neck, and they sounded all kinds of great. the bridge pickup had as much punch and chunk as the JB in my hamer studio, but with much better top end. very quiet, too. loved the gain.

Archived