Best band I've never heard of

Say Ocean

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
check out Envy on the Coast, Four Year Strong, Vanna

all kinda local who have recently been signed.

Envy on the Coast is pretty sweet, Four Year Strong is pretty ok, Vanna is ok too. I liked Envy the best. Vanna was nothing I haven't really heard before but they were cool

:wave:

• Members

Ween

Start with Quebec, The Mollusk and White Pepper. Then Chocolate & Cheese, Shinola (Volume 1) and 12 Golden Country Greats. Then The Pod, Pure Guava and GodWeenSatan: The Oneness.

Yes, that's a lot of albums. They also have a few others I didn't mention. You won't know this band until you've heard everything they've written.

• Members
I would have to know what you've heard of before I could recommend a band that you
haven't
heard of.
;)

Triple Rectifier = you like high-gain metal

Correct? If so, that narrows the genre requirements significantly.

Wrong. :)

I do like my high gain metal, but I'm into funk, experimental, prog, instrumental, acoustic, classical, blues, jazz, rock, whatever else

• Members
Rock/Ambient: As Tall As Lions, Circa Survive (The album 'juturna' is incredible) Terminal

Metal: Cattle Decapitation (album 'Karma Bloody Karma'), Deicide, Goatwhore

You might like some of that stuff.

_Danny

First 3 are some of my favorites, second 3 I've definately heard of too :wave:

• Members

Wrong.
:)

I do like my high gain metal, but I'm into funk, experimental, prog, instrumental, acoustic, classical, blues, jazz, rock, whatever else

Good. Seriously, check out Ween. They cover all of that minus the high gain metal and classical but plus a few genres they may have invented. I'm not kidding. Plus, they can string together the catchiest, most 'classic' pop songs I've ever heard. Some of the stuff on White Pepper gives the Beatles a run for their money.

• Members

Most people by now have heard of Circa Survive. It's not my fault they're now the next big wave of emo fans' "FAVORITE BAND"... A friend of mine got me into them a long, long time ago. I also absolutely HATE the fact that "Metal" is so big now... Only, it's not real metal that people listen to. It's that wanna-be metal hardcore BS with breakdowns that all sound the same. (August Burns Red, Unearth, The Bled, etc.) Can't stand it. By the way, Lamb of God is BOOORING

_Danny

• Members

Ah, I'm with you. Every time a band I like gets popular, it kind of feels like people are cheapening it. Odds are 95% of Circa Survive's fanbase have no idea what's going on musically, but that's the reason I like the band so much. Their drummer has a great ability to blend 4/4 and 6/8 grooves.

• Members
Most people by now have heard of Circa Survive. It's not my fault they're now the next big wave of emo fans' "FAVORITE BAND"... A friend of mine got me into them a long, long time ago. I also absolutely HATE the fact that "Metal" is so big now... Only, it's not real metal that people listen to. It's that wanna-be metal hardcore BS with breakdowns that all sound the same. (August Burns Red, Unearth, The Bled, etc.) Can't stand it. By the way, Lamb of God is BOOORING

_Danny

Please dont knock ABR. They are infinitely more talented than most of the other people in the new wave of metalcore.

Wait a second, Unearth doesn't sound like that either!

:freak:

In genre full of Killswitch Engages and I Killed The Prom Queens and Bury Your Deads you chose 3 bands that actually do stuff that's interesting :lol:

Archived