Favorite Vocalist and Guitarist

primeholy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

coming from the guy who voted for freddie mercury, this is quite a contradiction in values

haha you know what i mean

but im suprised by all the guys who voted hetfeild

i mean sure, his voice suits the music he plays

but come on, his voice aint that great, and he surely doesn't have a lot of technical ability when it comes to singing

freddy mercury, steve perry, eddie vetter, chris cornell, brad delp

THESE are good singers

• Members

but come on, his voice aint that great, and he surely doesn't have a lot of technical ability when it comes to singing

THESE are good singers

We're talking about our favorite singers, not the ones that are technically most proficient ones. And yes, his late 80s/early 90s voice fits the music amazingly well, IMO. Better than any other heavy metal singer's voice, IMO.

• Members

We're talking about our favorite singers. Not the ones that are technically most proficient ones. And yes, his late 80s/early 90s voice fits the music amazingly well, IMO. Better than any other heavy metal singer's voice, IMO.

for sure

i'm not saying that all of you are wrong

i'm just a little disappointed with everyone's selections

• Members

I still haven't really gotten around to listening to Misery Signals. I've been on a diet of old Brand New, RATM and ALK3 lately. Speaking of ALK3, while not the most technical or perfect guitarist, Matt Skiba is a great songwriter and lyricist and he's not an amazing singer, but he does have a unique voice.

• Members

THESE are good singers

Having a technically impressive singing voice gets in the way of making great music more often than not. Neil Young and Bob Dylan are incredible songwriters but are far from vocal virtuosos

Archived