Good Effect Racks? (also, post your rack and head pics here!!!)

MaximumMetal

• Members

I currently own an SKB 4 space shallow effects rack, but with more gear I now need a 6 space rack. The 4 space I have now sits perfectly on top of my JSX, it is just the right depth and it's small and light enough that it works on top of the head. I've always perferred the looks of racks on top of heads, and all the racks I've seen seem to be way too deep to go inbetween a cabinet and a head. The JSX is fairly wide so if it was sitting on top of a rack that is only the standard rack width that might look kinda goofy.

I'd rather not get a head and rack case, my band doesn't play enough to yield me getting a rack that heavy and I'd rather not sink $400+ on one of those. Also, then I'd have to stick the rack on the floor next to my cab and in some case that might take up to much room on stage.

So I guess I'm looking for a good 6 space rack that is only about 12 inches deep and is somewhat wider than the standard rack width, just enough so that the rubber feet on the JSX aren't hanging off. Any idears?

• Members

Those are so big an must be really heavy, I asked Angstrom how much the JSX 6 space weighed and they said it was about 90 lbs unloaded. That plus the rack gear and my JSX would be like 140 pounds, and that will bust my balls lugging it up and down stairs for shows.

Any other options?

• Members

Those are so big an must be really heavy, I asked Angstrom how much the JSX 6 space weighed and they said it was about 90 lbs unloaded. That plus the rack gear and my JSX would be like 140 pounds, and that will bust my balls lugging it up and down stairs for shows.

Any other options?

small price to pay for teh brooootalz.

Archived