So, we left our trailer in canada

xedgep90x

• Members

After 3 weeks of a good tour in canada it all ends in sadness. After spending $200 on parts and changing a bearing and tire on our trailer in the middle of toronto's worst storm in 60 years. We drove for home and about 2 hours into the 12 hour drive both bearing on one side of the trailer were toast. We dropped it off at a truck shop last night and shelled out some money for a hotel. We woke up to a phone call and an estimate this morning of $2700. Turns out the bearing ruined the spindles, which are no longer made. This means we needed 2 whole axles machined from scratch including hubs, spindles, drums and bearings.

When we left for tour our trailer was probably worth at least $2500. We ended up selling it to the guy at the shop for $200 and the $112 we racked up in labor. We are now driving home with a uhaul. Damn

On top of all this we leave Jan 1st for a month long full US tour. So with the holidays that give us about a week to find a trailer. Which would suck enough if we actually had money for one.

That's my story for today.

• Members

heheheh TO's a bitch eh?

i love winter though

on a related note, bought a nice band van for 1500$

tranny blew up 2 months later. Van finito. Not even enough time to buy a trailer to put on the hitch. It worked for 4 shows or so then it was over. Band transportation will always always be the worst hit a band has to take

• Members

Yeah. I wish we could have at least gotten it home. I think we could have salvaged it for a lot less. Oh well. Its all rock and roll I guess

It looks like we are signing with a new label before the new year. Our manager is working something out now so that we can hopefully get a new trailer out of the deal.

Its not unlikely for a label to put up money for a van or new gear. Fortunatley we are all gear heads and our drummer owns his own custom drum company so we are all set in that department. So I think it might not be asking too much. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Members

How does that work...."drummer owns his own custom drum company"?

He actually hand makes drums? WHo runs it when he's gone? I'm wondering how one can be a businessman that has to MAKE stuff to make money. Very curious.

He is 21 years old and makes drums while we aren't on tour. He does absolutely beautiful work, for some pretty decent names. Its a one man show in his parent basement. I'm yet to see something he can't pull off. They are easily the best looking and especially sounding drums I've ever encountered.

Myspace.com/dorsiacustomdrumcompany

• Members

After 3 weeks of a good tour in canada it all ends in sadness. After spending $200 on parts and changing a bearing and tire on our trailer in the middle of toronto's worst storm in 60 years. We drove for home and about 2 hours into the 12 hour drive both bearing on one side of the trailer were toast. We dropped it off at a truck shop last night and shelled out some money for a hotel. We woke up to a phone call and an estimate this morning of $2700. Turns out the bearing ruined the spindles, which are no longer made. This means we needed 2 whole axles machined from scratch including hubs, spindles, drums and bearings.

When we left for tour our trailer was probably worth at least $2500. We ended up selling it to the guy at the shop for $200 and the $112 we racked up in labor. We are now driving home with a uhaul. Damn

On top of all this we leave Jan 1st for a month long full US tour. So with the holidays that give us about a week to find a trailer. Which would suck enough if we actually had money for one.

That's my story for today.

If i were you ,,, i would start calling places in

Elkhart indiana. Elkhart Indiana is the trailer capitol of the united states. A ton of companies make cargo trailers there. The guy that picked up your rig for 200 bucks no doubt will just order a whole new under carriage out of there and have your trailer back on the road without haveing to make anything..... It will be a bolt on deal I would guess. I flew for a van conversion company there for a while. Typically the axles are components that companies buy from guys there who make them. You learned an expensive lesson ..... before you take any major road trip ,, have your bearings serviced......In reality ,,, its pretty cheap just to swap them out since you have them all apart...Glad you got your gear home ok ,,,, and i know that had to be one nasty experience...... rat

• Members
why tour in Canada? I mean, with the same effort, you could have gained more exposure in the US!!!!!

BTW, I'm enjoying the snow in Toronto to be honest. I don't drive, so to me, it's kinda pretty nice here.
:D

Well. We tour the states a lot. But we like canada as well. We do very well in ontario. And its nice becuase you can have good shows with only 1-3 hour drives in between. A lot of times in the us its 10-12 hours between cities. Canada is good to tmb.

Archived