What songs have an example of HAUNTING MIDS??

petejt

• Members

I've found that the MOST haunting of mids are produced by EL-34s, but t3h BR3WTALzzLZ!!1! can best be achieved by using 6L6s.

As such, the most haunting and brewtallz tone comes from a combination of the two.

I prefer to run 6L6 power tubes, and EL-34s in the preamp. It's pretty common in boutique amps, but they generally cover them with epoxy goop, so you can't tell.

Additionally, Mids haunt better if your tubes are dead.

• Members

I prefer to run 6L6 power tubes, and EL-34s in the preamp. It's pretty common in boutique amps, but they generally cover them with epoxy goop, so you can't tell.

ahaha, yeah right!

• Members

no idea, never heard of "haunting mids"

perhaps this is haunting mids..........

Before you post pictures like that, you should use this disclaimer:

"WARNING: There are some things that you can't un-see."

This makes me not want to eat, ever. :freak:

As for haunting mids, the end solo for Journey's "Who's Cryin' Now" is what I think of. Could be a little cheesy and soft-rock for most of the folks here, but it's a good example. Other, more HCAF-friendly examples would be the leads on "December Flower" and "The Jester Race" by In Flames.

• Members

I've found that the MOST haunting of mids are produced by EL-34s, but t3h BR3WTALzzLZ!!1! can best be achieved by using 6L6s.

As such, the most haunting and brewtallz tone comes from a combination of the two.

This is why i love my Road King. you can switch between 6L6s or EL34s or a couple combinations of the 2 with a flick of a switch (actually more of a dial thing but meh). 4 mids and teh br00talz im running channel 4 with 2xEL34 and 2x6L6

...and EL-34s in the preamp??!?! would that actually work? aren't the plugs different?

Archived