Saturday NFL Playoff Thread!!!

MonikerLewinsky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Pats will make it to the SB I think, where they'll meet up with the Packers. If I'm right, then I pray Favre & Co. whip their asses if for no other reason than I'd like to see Brett get one more to retire on. Hey, I gotta root for the old guys since I'm one of 'em

• Members

Pats should break the perf season record since they had more reg season games than Miami

Browns backer here too!! Surprised to not see much of Quinn

i think when they picked up quinn they didnt realize that andersen is a pretty decent quaterback and he really surprised them this season. i would be really surprised if Brady Quinn is back on the browns next season.

so far im 1-1, i think the snow {censored}ed the seahawks up cause they came out firing and after they gave up the 14-0 lead they just looked completely lost on the field.

• Members
yeah yeah everyone's jealous of the Patriots..
:blah:

It's not jealousy. I'd love to see the Packers or Colts win a bunch of Super Bowls. I hated the Pats before they won teh bowls. And watch....everyone is gonna rave about Brady's performance against the Jags...I'm sure it's tough to have a high percentage with 25 dump passes. :rolleyes:

• Members

i think when they picked up quinn they didnt realize that andersen is a pretty decent quaterback and he really surprised them this season. i would be really surprised if Brady Quinn is back on the browns next season.

so far im 1-1, i think the snow {censored}ed the seahawks up cause they came out firing and after they gave up the 14-0 lead they just looked completely lost on the field.

Derek Anderson sucks. Yeah, he had 29 touchdowns...but most of them consisted of spectacular catches by Braylon and Kellen. I swear, I've never seen a quarterback miss as many WIDE OPEN targets as DA. And he also showed his big game capability against the awful Cincinnati Defense...4 picks?...pathetic. If they'd of given Frye a chance after the O-line solidified, he would have done just as well. If not better. And I have no doubt that Quinn is better than DA. There's a reason DA was drafted in the 6th round and waived by the Ravens.

• Members

You take what they give you bro.

- WOT

I understand that...but the fact that he had 15 seconds to make a decision and ALWAYS had a guy wide open short is just more proof that the O-Line and WR's and far more important. He had what....2 completions that went for more than 15 yards?

• Members

Yeah, something like that. Good O-line hooking him up though.

- WOT

Yeah. Unbelievable. They're the only reason why I was ok with Steinbach and Thomas not making the ProBowl. Although Joe Thomas is in now!!! Woohoo!!! 3 Browns in the Pro Bowl and possibly more to come!!!

• Members

The Seahawks just gave up early. You could tell they just didn't want to be there. The weather wasn't the problem - {censored}, we had our own snow bowl a few weeks ago on Monday night, and it is NEVER fun playing in Seattle weather - but they had been coasting mentally for a few weeks now, just doing enough to win against far inferior teams.

Too many guys standing around, too many guys not tackling, too many dropped balls by Pollard (three). Could the Seachickens have beaten the Pack? Sure. Were they going to? {censored} no. Just mentally soft, as Jaws would say.

I mention this because I think this might be something to watch out for for Dallas. They have all the talent they need to beat the Giants, but the Giants are hungry and mentally up for this game. Dallas could take it too lightly and not be able to get their heads in the game in time.

And props to Jacksonville - they hung with the Pats for awhile on a day when Brady played really well - 22 of 26 IIRC? If they had been able to bring ANY pressure at all - and maybe, just MAYBE throw a guy on the Welker fella... I think a Pats showdown with Green Bay might be a lot closer than people would think with GB's great corners.

• Members

And props to Jacksonville - they hung with the Pats for awhile on a day when Brady played really well - 22 of 26 IIRC? If they had been able to bring ANY pressure at all - and maybe, just MAYBE throw a guy on the Welker fella... I think a Pats showdown with Green Bay might be a lot closer than people would think with GB's great corners.

No, he only missed 2. It's hard to miss dump passes.

Archived