My Mesa cuts in and out-tube problem?

nyck

• Members

Hey everyone

I bought a used Mesa .50 caliber head on ebay and the guy told me that the tubes were old and probably should be replaced. The amp was sometimes cutting in and out, so I figured I should replace the powertubes. I got a new pair of groove tubes(I had a show the next day so I could only go to GC). The amp worked fine throughout the gig, but recently it has been cutting in and out randomly. So I'm guessing the problem lies in the preamp tubes? Any help would be appreciated.

• Members

its probably the fx loop jacks.

i've bought 2 different "broken" .50 calibers on ebay for next to nothing due to it "cutting in and out", and some contact cleaner in those jacks cured it.

those are fun little amps.

they're no marks, but still fun.

p.s. clean all the pots while your in there, and try new pre amp tubes if that doesn't cure it.

• Members

i've bought 2 different "broken" .50 calibers on ebay for next to nothing due to it "cutting in and out", and some contact cleaner in those jacks cured it.

p.s. clean all the pots while your in there, and try new pre amp tubes if that doesn't cure it.

+1

• Members

oh {censored}in sweet

thanks a lot dude

and yeah

these amps are killer :D

The same thing happened to a 5150 I used to have, and a patch cable in/out of the effects loop fixed that right up. Will this work the same way?

Archived