Anybody selling 8 ohm V30's or G12T-75's?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I have two 16 ohm G12T75's and need two 8 ohm V30's
:cry:

word. I'm converting my cab to the ubercab... I could just do the X pattern at 16 ohms, but I figure there is a reason they went with 8 ohms... probably a little tighter and a little more output... hmm, maybe I could just wire up the 16 ohm speakers to 4 ohms? hrmm....

• Members

You're not going to notice much of a tonal difference in OHM ratings, especially in guitar speakers where the frequencies produced are narrow and focused (to a certain band). But I need 16 ohms specifically to match a certain amp output - totally lame.

Yeah, I wouldn't think it'd be a big deal, but why else would they specifically use 8 ohm speakers for the ubercab and 16 ohms for the standard cab? :confused:

• Members

Well, I talked to them on the phone and they didn't provide much of an explanation, just that after many hours of tweaking and listening closely they thought the 8 ohm speakers sounded best, and I asked him if he thought it would be much of a difference, and he said it'd just be a hair different. so I guess I might not worry about getting 8 ohm speakers.... after all that was what they thought matched perfectly to the uber head, and I'm not using the uber head anyways, so.... eh *shrug*

Archived