OGD: Edwards content ( 56K Watch out )

mparsons

• Members

It came with creme rings from the factory. When I was white-ing it out, one of the pickup rings wouldn't fit on the guitar, so I just spraypainted the old one white :o Two years of being my main guitar later... some of the paint has chipped off.

• Members

Its a Hipshot Tremsetter. I like it a lot. It makes the Floyd a bit stiffer, but it keeps it free floating. I can drop tune from D standard to drop C without adjusting the rest of the strings, and the tuning overall is a lot more stable. I can downpick as hard as I want without throwing anything out of tune.

• Members

I imported it from Japan.

One thing I noticed about Edwards, the exchange rate, and shipping prices, is that the model number * 10 = cost to buy it, and have it shipped here in a hard case. E-FR-120GT = $1200 shipped with a hard case. The EMGs were extra.

There isn't any flutter action. That's one thing I dislike about the tremsetter actually. I want to get another Floyded guitar and get a Tremolno on it, and keep this one completely free floating, no tremsetter. But thats a lot of cash.

• Members

I have the same one in see thru black! How much did you pay total? I have mine for sale.

Total? Including case, shipping, EMGs, and all the other stuff I've done to it I've got around $1500 in it.

How much are you selling yours for?

• Members

Total? Including case, shipping, EMGs, and all the other stuff I've done to it I've got around $1500 in it.

How much are you selling yours for?

$900 including HSC. :cry: It has some cosmetic blems on the side of the fretboard.

How do you like the fit/finish, etc? I love mine, but alas, I am no shredder. The white EMGS look sweet.

*edit: here's mine

Edwards_FR120GT_01.jpg

Edwards_FR120GT_09.jpg

• Members

How do those work while doing flutters with the trem? Stay in tune well? Flutter as much as a trem without one?

I had a Hipshot Tremsetter on one of my first Jem's and while the tuning stability improved tremendously with the tremsetter, the guitar felt stiffer and I couldn't flutter the whammy like I used to without the tremsetter. I opted to go without anymore tremsetters unless I have the $$$ to drop on an Ibanez backstop. My friend has a Backstop on his 7VWH and IMO, this is the only trem stabilizing device that does not impede flutter as much and the Hipshot or the ESP tremsetters.

• Members
if it weren't for the transparent white i'd be their!! Pure white finish would be hawt!

I give it a 8

+1

The trans-black finish looks ok, but in white, I think I'd rather just a solid white.

Still, that's a pretty cool looking guitar. Odd that stock it doesn't come with white pickup rings though. :confused:

What's the 2nd toggle for?

Archived