What power of amp for a venue of 150?

Shodan

• Members
Karate, shukokai to be exact though it,s been a long time since I last trained grrrr. Would have called myself JKD but someone had taken that already
:thu:

Cool...I cut my teeth on Shotokan....

I felt a bit cheeky taking JKD but have used it since the 90s when I first got on teh net and was a JKD freak at the same time... JKD or jkdsteve everywhere I go :D

• Members
If you do that I'll kick you in the teeth, SS posse polices its own
:evil:

Who was it that said he hadn't heard good bass response out of anything less than 30W? My THD Univalve is 15W class A, and cranked, with the bass knob letting all signal through (passive tone stack), it'll thump your chest with a big V30 cabinet. It's a pretty bright amp on its own, but my high gain sound comes from a combo of Damage Control Liquid Blues overdriving Damage Control Solid Metal with an EQ after them to kick it even harder. While that's pretty far from guitar-->amp=bass thump, it sure the hell gets me where I want to be.

I havent played a Univalve but i can say that i call "great bass response" something like a RedBear or my Triple XXX thru a GFlex and ive never heard that thru a small wattage amp.

• Members
Way off topic, but is haggis actually eaten by the general population? I am not kidding
:(

Yep we eat it but not every day. lol it's mostly eaten when bought from a chip shop where it's deep fried in batter. It might sound horrible when you hear whats in it but it's actualy very nice. We even serve it in resturaunts where they serve Balmoral Chicken which is chicken stuffed with haggis, again sounds weird but very nice indeed!
Also you can buy it in cans nowadays.
Then again I know a lot of folk who dont like it but most do though.
If you get the chance try it you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Members
Cool...I cut my teeth on Shotokan....

I felt a bit cheeky taking JKD but have used it since the 90s when I first got on teh net and was a JKD freak at the same time... JKD or jkdsteve everywhere I go
:D

I used to use JKD as a moniker when I played computer games when they first came out in the arcades.
I was going to train in JKD but it was too far to travel to especialy after work.
Tried Shotokan but it wasnt quite for me, very powerfull though.

Archived