There Will Be Blood -- Is this movie good?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I've heard both good and bad. The guy who didn't think it was amazing said that, "Like the movie Training Day, you have one great actor busting his ass in the role of his career being side lined by a not-so-satisfying plot and supporting cast. However, Training Day had action sequences to keep it going, There Will Be Blood didn't have anything to entertain on that level while waiting for something other than Daniel Day-Lewis being a badass to happen."

• Members

I've heard both good and bad. The guy who didn't think it was amazing said that, "Like the movie Training Day, you have one great actor busting his ass in the role of his career being side lined by a not-so-satisfying plot and supporting cast. However, Training Day had action sequences to keep it going, There Will Be Blood didn't have anything to entertain on that level while waiting for something other than Daniel Day-Lewis being a badass to happen."

sounds like your friend wants to me a film critic :o

• Members

It was his description to me... he just didn't think the movie that surrounded Daniel Day-Lewis was as good as Daniel Day-Lewis.

My other friend who liked it and thought it was fine felt that the ending was less satisfying than he had hoped.

Archived