Peavey 5150 vs. VHT Deliverance 60 comparison videos

mparsons

• Members

I took six videos. One lead, clean, and rhythm of each 5150 and D60. I really like both of the amps a lot.

The 5150 is a little more aggressive, but the D60 simply sounds better. I really want to run them in stereo once I get my new cab ( again, thanks Slayerfan! ), but I really can't afford to do that. College student, money tight, etc.

Anywhere, here are the videos for your enjoyment!

Rhythm: Deliverance vs. 5150

Clean: Deliverance vs. 5150

Lead: Deliverance vs. 5150

I will have to sell one of them, so if you want either, make me an offer and I'll see how this all pans out.

• Members

First of all, I'm a huge at the gates fan...2nd, I gotta say, I personally feel on both of those rhythms clips, you made those amps sound incredibly weak for what you are doing, sorry man........

It's all good! The amps weren't cranked as loud as they needed to be to really sound as best as they could, but they were loud enough to get the tonal characteristics across.

• Members

It's all good! The amps weren't cranked as loud as they needed to be to really sound as best as they could, but they were loud enough to get the tonal characteristics across.

5150 FTW. You could send it to JerryP to get modded, have a better amp, and still have money left over. But even stock...I like it better.

• Members

Toss up for me. On the single note rhythms, I like the D60 better. When you start playing the 5ths and octaves, the 5150's saturation makes it come off better in my opinion.

Both great amps for that style of music, but if I could afford a deliverance, I would definitely take it over a 5150. It's single channel, yet has more versatility than the 5150. That amp has killer dynamics.

• Members

Yeah, even stock I like it. Everyone that rags on a 5150 doesn't know how to dial in an amp.

+1

The 5150 sounds REALLY GOOD. There is a {censored}LOAD of gain though, I didn't need more than 4-5 on the low gain input.

The D60 also sounds really good. I don't know what I want.

I will sell both and get a VHT CLX :love:

• Members

Yeah, even stock I like it. Everyone that rags on a 5150 doesn't know how to dial in an amp.

Plenty of recording artists use the fiffy one fiffy bone stock....they might throw an OD pedal in front it......but ask guys like Rob Flynn....they are great amps on their own...now you watch how many guys come on here and say to keep the VHT...:rolleyes:.....peer pressure......whatever works for the player..works..

• Members

Plenty of recording artists use the fiffy one fiffy bone stock....they might throw an OD pedal in front it......but ask guys like Rob Flynn....they are great amps on their own...now you watch how many guys come on here and say to keep the VHT...
:rolleyes:
.....peer pressure......whatever works for the player..works..

Word. "THE VHT IZ LIKE MORE EXPENZIVE AND STUFF SO ITZ MUST BE BETTR!!!!"

• Members

If you have a chance to set up the D60's clean by changing the gain knobs, it sounds WORLDS better than the 5150. However since its a single channel and I need a good live amp, I gave it as fair of a comparison as possible by only rolling down the volume knob.

Archived