6l6gcs: SED, TAD looking for something new

Sordid1

• Members

It's retube time again (yes I decided to keep my JSX after all) and I love the Ruby's but want something a bit different. I have already had JJ's and they were good but I like the Ruby's better. I have heard great thing about the SED's as well as the TAD's. What do you guys think and is anyone selling a new or barely used Quad?

• Members

You get what you pay for... Maybe you wouldn't be changing your power tubes 3 times already.

Well we are talking in the last four years so I don't think it's too bad! I love the Ruby's by the way and they are only $10 a pair less than the SED's.

• Members

Well we are talking in the last four years so I don't think it's too bad! I love the Ruby's by the way and they are only $10 a pair less than the SED's.

Ruby's are just relabeled tubes from manufacturers of JJ, SED, and Sovtek

I've used the SED for 6 years and never had a problem with them. Many forumites here will swear by SED's

• Members

Ruby's are just relabeled tubes from manufacturers of JJ, SED, and Sovtek

I've used the SED for 6 years and never had a problem with them. Many forumites here will swear by SED's

If I remember right I think the ones I have are relabeled TAD's but i'm not sure and they sound awesome but the low end is a tad on the spongy side.

Archived