How annoying are your parents?

Vinchester

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No complaints here. My parents are the {censored}ing {censored}.

Sure mom nags, but i live here for free, and she even feeds me when something vegetarian is on the menu! Then my dad's my boss, and doesn't really give a {censored} if i'm a few minutes late.

No complaints ever.

• Members
Yeah I know all of us deeply, deeply love our mom 'n dad;) But much of the time their urge to tell us our bedroom is untidy overwhelms their sense of harmony!

My case: Dad is so fond of informing me about trivials from that my shoes are not aligned in perfect angle on the shelf to me misplacing toothbrush.
:freak:
His perfectionist obsession tries to push everything and everyone in the house into flawless order, which is impossible and goddamn annoying!

So, how and why your parents annoy you?

They stopped when I moved out and became a man!:cop:

• Members
my father helped me build my house and paid for the roof, windows, electricity,...

he gave me his car when I totalled mine

Just noticed you live in Belgium. I lived in Brussels for a year and loved it. I was 17 and we used to go down to the main square (can't remember what they called it), and eat French fries with mayonnaise and drink beer until we couldn't walk. Belgium beer is the best in the world IMO.

This was 40 years ago.......WOW, that makes me sound ancient :eek:

• Members

Parents are parents and kids are kids for a reason.

The older I've gotten and the bigger my family has gotten the smarter my parents have become. I thank God everyday they are still healthy and live close by. I don't know where I'd be without them.

It may not always be easy but be damn grateful that they care enough to care about you and your welfare. :cop:

• Members

Here I am 33, and my mom still makes me nuts. She is a meddeler and tries to manipulate people with guilt. She is a WASP-y clone of Dorris from Everybody Love's Raymond. It is why I continue to move further and further away from where they live. My brother on the other hand is 28 and he and his wife are evpecting their first kid. They just bought a house SIX MILES from my parents. This was 4 months ago and I think they already regret it.

My dad doesn't bug me in the least. He is the main reason I go to visit them. As I get older I realize more and more all that he gave up in terms of a personal life for my brother and me. 65-70 hours a week at work to keep the roof overhead and food on the table. He always made every effort to come to any sports events and helped us with our interests along the way. He's a hero to me. Not to mention he can put up with my mother's bull {censored}.

• Members

There will come a time when you would give anything to see your parents young again. You watch their youth slowly slip away. They begin to grey. They begin to get the jowels, they walk slower, seem to say "huh?" a lot more. It seems like yesterday you were a tyke looking up to your 30-something Dad and now hes in the autumn of his life. I would love to be in high school again and have my Dad bitchin' at me about something trivial.

:(

• Members
There will come a time when you would give anything to see your parents young again. You watch their youth slowly slip away. They begin to grey. They begin to get the jowels, they walk slower, seem to say "huh?" a lot more. It seems like yesterday you were a tyke looking up to your 30-something Dad and now hes in the autumn of his life. I would love to be in high school again and have my Dad bitchin' at me about something trivial.

:(

here here.

but you never notice until it's too late. One of those sad facts of life:cry:

• Members

my parents are {censored}ing amazing. bottom line. it sounds so cliche but i really dont think there is any mom out there that would do the things mine does. and my dad is in his 50s still working his ass off overseas to bring home some bacon. we are all independent but they STILL feel and obligation to do whatever they can. they simply live for my sisters and i.

• Members

I really enjoyed that thanks.

Sometimes, my dad annoys me, but he takes care of me and I love him. He has his problems, but so does everyone else. When I was younger it really annoyed me that he made me work with him and do things that didn't really matter to me, like fence in his horses, but now, no matter what he asked me to help him with, I would do it.

• Members
Oh my effing God! He did THAT! He ACTUALLY made you be responsible and didn't allow to you to self-distruct! THATS HORRIBLE! The liberal far-left is gonna be OUTRAGED for not letting you express your inner asshole!

Here's to your Dad
:thu::wave:

You are a {censored}ing idiot. How about you try and not make everything about politics and learn to read. He said it annoyed him when he was young and now he realizes that it was helping him become a better person. "Youz conservativ tipes is so illitterate!"

I'm sure things that your parents did when you were young annoyed you and you now realize you were just young, naive, and stupid. You are just like him.

• Members

Dads gone, mom still here.
love both of 'em...dad lived in another city from I was 'bout 6, and mom moved away 2 years ago. (when I went to college and the army after that..)

When I was done with the army, I came back to my hometown...bout a month ago, and been living with my grandparents since(big house. leaving for college in 6 months), they're great too. love 'em.

But they're getting old (75 and 78), and they're both on the heart medicine, so I know that the time is getting near :-/ (grandmas been checked for cancer/tumor this week, waiting on the results)

Grandpas always been a military guy, served for like 30 years...and has been hard on the dicipline. I HATED that when I was a teenager, him yelling all the time that my bed looked like {censored}, shoes looked like crap etc etc.
but as I got older, it all just wen fine.

no time for hatin', things can just happen so suddenly,,,

• Members

It often goes like this:

When we're 15 we think our parents are pretty stupid.
When we're 20 we are surprised our parents have learned quite a bit.
When we're 25 we think our parents are quite wise.
When we're 30 we can't believe how much our parents have learned in the last 15 years!:)

Archived