So where does everyone live?

Sandman31774

• Members

Hehe, a bloody huge Ikea store recently opened around here too, right near the Stirling Train Station.

Did everyone go {censored}ing ape{censored} when it opened? I seriously live 2 minutes from ours, and traffic's been a goddamn nightmare ever since it opened 2 years ago.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Perth looks awesome. But I just checked home prices and
:eek:

Yep they are right through the roof.

It took me a year to find a decent house to live in. I spent most of the time living in a backpacker hostel 'cause nothing around was available. My guitar equipment lived in storage.

Last October a mate of mine moved his family over from Melbourne, and I rented the granny flat at the back of their house. Then the real estate agent kicked up a fuss about past tenants, and my mate got scared of being kicked out. They got lucky though when they bought a new house down in Mandurah- they love it there now.

I got copped with having to pay the full rent ($405 a week :eek: ) and not allowed to put in my own tenants to bring the rent down.

The lease expired in early January so I had to move out. I almost was homeless but moved back into the backpacker hostel (just, it was almost booked out).

I finally found this new place in North Beach, and sharing it with two mates of mine. There's heaps of room and right by the beach too, splendid!

And, although the rent is expensive ($700 a week), amongst us that works out to be just $30 a week more than living in a backpacker hostel sharing a bunk bed in a dorm etc. etc.

• Members

Yep they are right through the roof.

It took me a year to find a decent house to live in. I spent most of the time living in a backpacker hostel 'cause nothing around was available. My guitar equipment lived in storage.

Last October a mate of mine moved his family over from Melbourne, and I rented the granny flat at the back of their house. Then the real estate agent kicked up a fuss about past tenants, and my mate got scared of being kicked out. They got lucky though when they bought a new house down in Mandurah- they love it there now.

I got copped with having to pay the full rent ($405 a week
:eek:
) and not allowed to put in my own tenants to bring the rent down.

The lease expired in early January so I had to move out. I almost was homeless but moved back into the backpacker hostel (just, it was almost booked out).

I finally found this new place in North Beach, and sharing it with two mates of mine. There's heaps of room and right by the beach too, splendid!

And, although the rent is expensive ($700 a week), amongst us that works out to be just $30 a week more than living in a backpacker hostel sharing a bunk bed in a dorm etc. etc.

Well prices seem to be slightly more expensive in Perth than here in Southern California, which is considered one of the most expensive parts of the US. They must have some well-paying jobs in W. Australia. What kind of industries are big there?

• Members

Well prices seem to be slightly more expensive in Perth than here in Southern California, which is considered one of the most expensive parts of the US. They must have some well-paying jobs in W. Australia.

Well, we are currently in a big mining boom.

That's the campsite where I live during work. Sitting on top of 1.6 billion tonnes of iron ore.

2q1scqb.jpg

Basically there are tonnes of jobs around, and not enough houses for people to live in.

There are a lot of rich people that do live in Perth, which I read somewhere. And lots of fancy yachts.

• Members
I live Grosse Pointe Park, MI

about 6 blocks from detroit proper.

Hey Jay... that was a Good ol' Movie... Gross Point Blank!!! Are you a hired assasin? J/K

I live north of Orlando - Here in sunny (but it's cold today) Florida... I could throw a rock and Hit Mickey Mouse in the Head! It's okay here... Music scene kinda sucks tho... The only thing we are famous for here in music are the boys bands and Seven Mary Three. I was friends with Jason Ross (singer for Seven Mary Three) in Middle School and High School. Whooopy!!!! :)

- Corey

• Members
Simbasa, when are we doing "The Holiday"?

-Ottawa Ontario.

Haha......anytime bro. Summertime is probably very nice up your way? It's actually foggy here in Santa Cruz in June, July and August.

It cracks me up because alll the people from Silicon Valley come here when it's 90 degrees just over the hill thinking it will be nice at the beach and it's freezing cold in the 50s here from the fog.:lol:

September and october we have our 'Indian Summer' here. Usually the best weather of the year.

• Members

I'm in Medford Oregon. It's nice. Big enough area so that I have everything I need locally, but without the sprawl of bigger cities. There's a bunch of smaller towns clustered in this valley with a couple of hundred thousand people. The weather's not bad at all. I've been wearing a T-shirt and/or shorts for the last couple of weeks.

Here's my house...

DSC_0001.jpg

Archived