cab question

TruuSouljah

• Members

If I have two 1x12 8 ohm cabs.... (one avatar, one earcandy) and I want to use them both with my orange tiny terror-- What is the best way to set it up? I know my avatar has an extra jack in the back for daisy chaining... Do I just connect the two cabs together with an extra speaker cable?

THANKS

• Members

Maybe it's not clear enough...

If I daisy chain two 8ohm 1x12 cabs, which speaker output jack do i connect the speaker cable to on the back of my orange tiny terror??

(The 8ohm tap?) I really am dumb about this and could use some help. Thanks!

• Members

I'm 99% sure that the output would be parallel, which would yield a 4 ohm load. So go from the 4 ohm output to the Avatar and from the Avatar to the Earcandy. Do you have a multimeter available? If you do, you can hook up the two cabs and plug a speaker cable into the input on the Avatar. If you check the resistance by touching the multimeter to the tip and the sleeve of the plug, it will be something close to what the impedance is of the speaker cabs.

• Members

I'm 99% sure that the output would be parallel, which would yield a 4 ohm load. So go from the 4 ohm output to the Avatar and from the Avatar to the Earcandy. Do you have a multimeter available? If you do, you can hook up the two cabs and plug a speaker cable into the input on the Avatar. If you check the resistance by touching the multimeter to the tip and the sleeve of the plug, it will be something close to what the impedance is of the speaker cabs.

CRAP! My tiny terror doesn't have a 4 ohm output. only two 8's and a 16

• Members

Looking at this picture of the tiny terror... and seeing that is has 2 8ohm outputs, you can connect one speaker cable from one of the 8ohm outputs to one cab and another speaker cable from the other 8ohm output to the other speaker cab... That is if both cabs have 8ohm speakers in them.

OTTH.JPG

• Members
Looking at this picture of the tiny terror... and seeing that is has 2 8ohm outputs, you can connect one speaker cable from one of the 8ohm outputs to one cab and another speaker cable from the other 8ohm output to the other speaker cab... That is if both cabs have 8ohm speakers in them.

OTTH.JPG

Thanks, but I am told this is incorrect...
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1914262

Archived