Edwards Les Paul Quickrod clip

Shiny_Surface

• Members
3rd gear OD1

treble off

bass 11:00

mid 10:30

presence 11:00

gain 3:00 (newer taper, equivalent to 12:00 supposedly on the older models)

Volume was set very low for this clip.

Thanks for those.

I did wonder about the volume - you get away with it on the rhythm, nice textured crunch - but there were some tell-tale signs in the lead, I thought. Didn't sound quite Splawn-big. :D

I've noticed trying to run off all that treble only becomes an issue at low vol, as they really round up when louder.

• Members
That looks like my old head- did you buy it from a guy in NJ by any chance? I ordered a matching white 4x12 with it too.

Bought it new in 2006, one of the very first new clean channel models that Splawn shipped. At the time I didn't realize an updated clean was coming out, so I felt lucky that my ship date coincided with the new clean channel models being released :)

• Members
Thanks for those.

I did wonder about the volume - you get away with it on the rhythm, nice textured crunch - but there were some tell-tale signs in the lead, I thought. Didn't sound quite Splawn-big.
:D

I've noticed trying to run off all that treble only becomes an issue at low vol, as they really round up when louder.

For lower volume home recording I like to keep the treble very low or completely off.

When playing with a drummer at higher volumes I definitely run it higher :)

Archived